Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interrupts cause freeze while pages are rendering.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interrupts cause freeze while pages are rendering.

It seems this is now my forum :P I am having a problem where interrupts that are triggered while a page is rendering causes the unit to freeze. I will be happy to share the program privately with someone who is willing to take a look. I am desperate to fix this as it would cause my entire project to fail.

Sure, please send the program to mark at 4dsystems dot com dot au
    Mark

Comment

Can you describe what is wired to what, so I can try and replicate the interrupts?

Comment

Actually, your program is so insanely convoluted and impossible to follow that I don't think I can debug it. So I have started re-writing it in the style that I wrote DisplayCore to be used. It should end up a whole lot easier to understand what is going on with it then

I am just doing the interface code at the moment - none of the back-end as yet (I can leave that technical stuff to you).

I have written a "universal" keypad entry routine that gives you a common set of functions for all the numeric entry bits. I have also created a new font "Display7Seg" just for you Looks much better than the crummy Open24Display. It's also considerably more responsive with this style of working.

If you want to email me at "matt at majenko dot co dot uk" I can fire across to you what I have created so far so you can see how it all works.

Oh, another thing you may notice - there's not one bit of StaticText anywhere at all

Comment

Originally posted by majenko View Post
          Can you describe what is wired to what, so I can try and replicate the interrupts?

On pin inputs 7,13 and 54 are are interupts coming from one wire from encoder giving 100 pulses per rev. These look they do not cause any problems.
          pin 2 is a pnp sensor giving on an interupt reading up to 100hz also doesnt seem to cause problems.
          Pin 53 which interrupts on falling edge seems to be what is causing the freezes.

Comment

Working...
          X