FT843 issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FT843 issues

Hi, I am trying to setup the FT843, but strange things are happening here - important to say that I am not an Arduino user and never used this display before.

I have done the initialization with the parameters suggested in the "FT800 Series Programmer Guide", but when I make a display list using begin(points) or begin(bitmaps) problems start to appear. When I print a single character, it is printed but part of the background get messy. When I print a point, an extra point is printed somewhere over the y=0 line. Drawing lines is fine. I am attaching two photos of the display and the relevant code. I would be grateful if someone could help me on this. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hi Ramos,

Thank you for purchasing the 4DLCD-FT843. Based on your message, the display is functioning as you were able to initialize and draw lines on it.

FTDI directly handles software support for the 4DLCD-FT843, as it uses the FT800 (FTDI graphics processor). They also write and supply the libraries and demos for this shield/display combo. Hardware support is provided by 4D Systems. You may contact FTDI thru their Support page:

http://www.ftdichip.com/FTSupport.htm

BR,
    Doff

Comment

I tend to agree with you, Doff, it doesn't seem to be a problem with the display itself, although from the buyer point of view the final product is the whole thing. Funny thing is that when I do the same thing using the RAM_CMD segment (co-processor command buffer), i can print text normally but there is still an extra point when printing points. I will try to contact them - thanks anyway. Ramos

Comment

Working...
      X