Upload problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload problem

Hi, i have a problem with upload to 4duino. I have win XP (VirtualBox), I have install Arduino 1.8.2, driver for Win done (than datasheet), computer device manager is OK - 4Duino correct install COM6, Arduino IDE setup done - board 4duino, port COM6 4duino. I click "Board info" - receive correct data. I open sample code "blink" next click UPLOAD - windows unplug 4duino (device manager) after few seconds again connect, but Arduino IDE have status "Uploading" and program is not upload.
    Attached Files

Hi,

Could you turn on verbose output, by clicking on File, Preferences, Show verbose output during: and ticking both boxes.
    This will show us at what stage the compiler is stalling.

Another option is to install the Arduino IDE version for your OS rather than using virual box and select the board type as a Leonardo.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards

Paul

Comment

In my Apple IDE work good. But I can use 4duino sw Workshop4 for graphic funktions. My output:

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Yes, I understand,
        The IDE is having a problem accessing the Com port 6.

I will create a virtual box on mine and see if I can replicate it.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi,

It is possible to still use Workshop 4 eventhough the Arduino IDE isn't working through a virtual box.
          You can compile your extended graphics project in Workshop and upload the created images to the SD card, after that it will fail to compile in WS.
          You can then use your normal Arduino IDE that works and File, Open, navigate to the project that you created in WS and you will find the .ino of the sketch you wrote in WS. Open the .ino and upload to the 4Duino.

I hope this helps for the time being

Paul

Comment

Hi. I try another computer with windows 7. Same problem with upload. Com port cannot working :-(

Comment

futbox,

Please see this forum thread particularly post number 13 . The bootloader of the 4Duino maybe corrupted.
              http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...m-do-not-start

Please also be sure that no other Application is accessing the Serial Port assigned to the 4Duino.

In addition, please use another Micro-USB cable and see if it works.

Best regards,

Comment

I am unhappy :-( .. I hava 2 4duino boards, 5days tribulation .. dont work under windows, no one. Another usb cable done, not work. Another PC done, not work. One I use under Apple (as leonardo board) work correct. But this one now under windows caput, device manager not found this board .. I am disappointed

Comment

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are still having a problem,

Is it ony one 4Duino that will work on the apple or will both 4Duino's work on the apple as leonardo boards.

Paul

Comment

I want workind in Workshop SW, for that i buy 4duinos board. I try only one board under Apple as leonardo board. Second 4duino windows device manager detected, but dont work - dont upload from Arduino IDE, Workshop 4 dont detected..

Comment

C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-builder -dump-prefs -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=4D Systems:avruino4 -vid-pid=0X04D8_0XF110 -ide-version=10802 -build-path C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_cache_457880 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose C:\Program Files\Arduino\examples\01.Basics\Blink\Blink.ino
                      C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-builder -compile -logger=machine -hardware C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware -hardware C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages -tools C:\Program Files\Arduino\tools-builder -tools C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr -tools C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages -built-in-libraries C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries -libraries C:\Documents and Settings\admin\My Documents\Arduino\libraries -fqbn=4D Systems:avruino4 -vid-pid=0X04D8_0XF110 -ide-version=10802 -build-path C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134 -warnings=none -build-cache C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_cache_457880 -prefs=build.warn_data_percentage=75 -verbose C:\Program Files\Arduino\examples\01.Basics\Blink\Blink.ino
                      Using board 'duino4' from platform in folder: C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\4D Systems\hardware\avr\1.8.1
                      Using core '4duino' from platform in folder: C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\4D Systems\hardware\avr\1.8.1
                      Detecting libraries used...
                      "C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10802 -DARDUINO_AVR_4DUINO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x04D8 -DUSB_PID=0xF110 '-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown"' '-DUSB_PRODUCT="4D Systems 4Duino"' "-IC:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\4D Systems\hardware\avr\1.8.1\cores\4duino" "-IC:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\4D Systems\hardware\avr\1.8.1\variants\4duino" "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp" -o "nul"
                      Generating function prototypes...
                      "C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -flto -w -x c++ -E -CC -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10802 -DARDUINO_AVR_4DUINO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x04D8 -DUSB_PID=0xF110 '-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown"' '-DUSB_PRODUCT="4D Systems 4Duino"' "-IC:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\4D Systems\hardware\avr\1.8.1\cores\4duino" "-IC:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\4D Systems\hardware\avr\1.8.1\variants\4duino" "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp" -o "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
                      "C:\Program Files\Arduino\tools-builder\ctags\5.8-arduino11/ctags" -u --language-force=c++ -f - --c++-kinds=svpf --fields=KSTtzns --line-directives "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134\preproc\ctags_target_for_gcc_minus_e.cpp"
                      Compiling sketch...
                      "C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++" -c -g -Os -w -std=gnu++11 -fpermissive -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -flto -mmcu=atmega32u4 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10802 -DARDUINO_AVR_4DUINO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -DUSB_VID=0x04D8 -DUSB_PID=0xF110 '-DUSB_MANUFACTURER="Unknown"' '-DUSB_PRODUCT="4D Systems 4Duino"' "-IC:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\4D Systems\hardware\avr\1.8.1\cores\4duino" "-IC:\Documents and Settings\admin\Local Settings\Application Data\Arduino15\packages\4D Systems\hardware\avr\1.8.1\variants\4duino" "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp" -o "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp.o"
                      Compiling libraries...
                      Compiling core...
                      Using precompiled core
                      Linking everything together...
                      "C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-gcc" -w -Os -g -flto -fuse-linker-plugin -Wl,--gc-sections -mmcu=atmega32u4 -o "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134/Blink.ino.elf" "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134\sketch\Blink.ino.cpp.o" "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134/..\arduino_cache_457880\core\core_4D Systems_avr_duino4_06ab41679a56b0cd9e30706a2df96112.a" "-LC:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134" -lm
                      "C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-objcopy" -O ihex -j .eeprom --set-section-flags=.eeprom=alloc,load --no-change-warnings --change-section-lma .eeprom=0 "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134/Blink.ino.elf" "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134/Blink.ino.eep"
                      "C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-objcopy" -O ihex -R .eeprom "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134/Blink.ino.elf" "C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134/Blink.ino.hex"
                      Sketch uses 4058 bytes (14%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28672 bytes.
                      Global variables use 146 bytes (5%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2414 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2560 bytes.
                      Forcing reset using 1200bps open/close on port COM10
                      PORTS {COM3, COM10, } / {COM3, COM10, } => {}
                      PORTS {COM3, COM10, } / {COM3, COM10, } => {}
                      PORTS {COM3, COM10, } / {COM3, } => {}
                      PORTS {COM3, } / {COM3, } => {}
                      PORTS {COM3, } / {COM3, COM10, } => {COM10, }
                      Found upload port: COM10
                      C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -patmega32u4 -cavr109 -PCOM10 -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\arduino_build_174134/Blink.ino.hex:i

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Jan 17 2017 at 12:00:53
                      Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
                      Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : COM10
                      Using Programmer : avr109
                      Overriding Baud Rate : 57600
                      AVR Part : ATmega32U4
                      Chip Erase delay : 9000 us
                      PAGEL : PD7
                      BS2 : PA0
                      RESET disposition : dedicated
                      RETRY pulse : SCK
                      serial program mode : yes
                      parallel program mode : yes
                      Timeout : 200
                      StabDelay : 100
                      CmdexeDelay : 25
                      SyncLoops : 32
                      ByteDelay : 0
                      PollIndex : 3
                      PollValue : 0x53
                      Memory Detail :

Block Poll Page Polled
                      Memory Type Mode Delay Size Indx Paged Size Size #Pages MinW MaxW ReadBack
                      ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
                      eeprom 65 20 4 0 no 1024 4 0 9000 9000 0x00 0x00
                      flash 65 6 128 0 yes 32768 128 256 4500 4500 0x00 0x00
                      lfuse 0 0 0 0 no 1 0 0 9000 9000 0x00 0x00
                      hfuse 0 0 0 0 no 1 0 0 9000 9000 0x00 0x00
                      efuse 0 0 0 0 no 1 0 0 9000 9000 0x00 0x00
                      lock 0 0 0 0 no 1 0 0 9000 9000 0x00 0x00
                      calibration 0 0 0 0 no 1 0 0 0 0 0x00 0x00
                      signature 0 0 0 0 no 3 0 0 0 0 0x00 0x00

Programmer Type : butterfly
                      Description : Atmel AppNote AVR109 Boot Loader

Connecting to programmer: .avrdude: butterfly_recv(): programmer is not responding

Comment

Hi,

Would it be possible to try again on the windows PC following the instructions in this PDF

http://www.4duino.com/downloads/docs...tart-Guide.pdf

I did initially think it was a problem getting this to work on your apple, but if we follow the steps in the PDF we will know that we have everything that is needed for the 4Duino.

Paul

Comment

I try 5x. This is no Apple problem. I use two another computer with windows, 4duino datashet and StartGuide done, i have correct install, in Arduino IDE i click Board info - i have correct answer. vrrr

Comment

What now?! I have two 4duino board - below windows not works ..

Comment

Result?! I use 3 computers, Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10 .. two 4duino boards - but same problem with upload!!! After compil - device manager unplug board - sw not uploaded.
                              I send it back. 4duino disappointed me! :-(

Comment

Working...
                              X