Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gen4-uLCD-70DCT-CLB touch dead zone (upper left landscape)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen4-uLCD-70DCT-CLB touch dead zone (upper left landscape)

I'm having an issue with the Gen4-uLCD-70DCT-CLB. If I place a user button in the upper left quadrant of the screen, it cannot be detected. I've confirmed it using GTX that the other buttons return a "UserButton Change" notification message when pressed.

I've tried changing the PmmC file and reloading it, but can find where to either calibrate the sensor or fix the issue.

Thanks,
    Jon

Hi Jon,

Have you tried the TouchTestDraw sample?

Can be found in 'File' - 'Samples' - 'Picaso Designer' - 'PICASO - Touch Screen' - TOUCHTESTDRAW.

you may have to convert your project into the display you're using under the 'Projects' Tab.

Regards,

Comment

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the suggestion. I did not know about the touch draw test. I tried it and it looks like the top 3/8" of the display is unusable. Is this an artifact of the test or is the screen not capable of sensing touches in the top area? I've attached a picture of the test for your reference. My button sits mostly in this blank section. Could this be why I don't get a response in GTX?

Thanks,

Jon

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jon,

Yes, that might be the reason. The wire to the top band of the TP might be broken.

Can you open a support ticket in here?
        http://www.4dsystems.com.au/support

Best Regards,

Comment

Working...
        X