Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen Frozen

Hi,
    This is my second post on Diablo based uLCDs (43DCT, and 70DT). Our team use these TFTs for professional HMI solutions to our clients. We create projects in Visie-Genie environment. We have been facing a serious issue with this TFT solution. It is been observed that Diablo while acknowledging my commands (Write objects commands to update 7-segments) doesn't update the 7-segments objects with the new value on TFT until we reset the TFT manually. This causes embarrassment to me and my development team in front of our manager and clients.

Any way to know how to resolve this issue without manually resetting the TFT. Your help and support would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

please check other thread

Tony

Comment

• Qasim Abdullah
      Qasim Abdullah commented
      Editing a comment
      Here I'm talking about a different issue that despite of getting ACK from diablo, we are not getting updates on the TFT's objects (7-segment, LEDs, and strings in particular).
      NOTE: That doesn't happen all the time. It happens when we keep on the display for weeks, and months.

What brand of uSD are you using? If the uSD is getting lost it's possible that you see this sort of thing.

Regardless I really think this and your other thread might be related.

Perhaps the RX you think you are getting is for a different command?

Is it possible you are writing to an object that does not exist?
    Mark

Comment

Hi, I am using ULCD-70, when I enter "comms", I get the message "device is not responding" however when I communicate via terminal the device responds with the corresponding ACK or NACK.
      I need to reprogram the screen but it is not possible, what should I do?

thanks for your help.

Camilo

Comment

Hi Camilo

Welcome to the forum.

That sounds strange. Have you pressed the traffic light to do a scan for the screen? Check to see that you haven't left the terminal tool or GTX tool open.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi thanks for your quick reply
          Yes, I already tried to change it from red to blue but it does not happen, I also rectify that the terminals and the GTX are disconnected, what else, can I try?

thanks

Comment

Hi,

What device do you use to program the Display, is it a USB-PA5 adapter. The Reason I am asking is because the reset line is important when detecting the display. If you have a USB-PA5 can you visually check it for signs of damage etc.

I hope this helps

Paul

Comment

Hello, the problem was the connector, thanks for the help, I would like to know if it is possible to graph a pixel (put pixel), if I am using visi genie mode.

thanks.

Comment

Hi Camilo,

I'm glad you managed to fix the connector. Unfortunately put pixel is not available at the moment. One solution is to use a series of gauges next to each as described in this post http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...s-not-realtime

I hope this helps.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Camilo,

It is possible to use Putpixel in Genie magic which is in the Pro version of Workshop4. It allows you to add code to Visi Genie, like Putpixel. You will have to develop a technique where to send a bunch of pixels at a time.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X