X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display resets issues

Hello,

We are using gen4-uLCD-70DCT-CLB displays. We would like to know:

(1) Is there any situation in which a power reset (stop the power supply of the display) can cause a problem in the display (i.e., files in SD corrupted, or in case the power reset is done at the same moment while the SD is being modified (some function is writing in a file inside), what would happen in this case?). Not only SD issues, it was an example; may a similar problem appear?

(2) In case (1) happens, is it needed to do a SW reset (as well) to ensure that the system resets properly?

(3) In some situations, we got the message "Drive not mounted" when turning on the device for (apparently) no reason. The "solution" for this issue has been to extract the SD card and put it again, and it worked again. Our question is if this problem could happen sometimes for some odd reason? Is there any situation (a too short power reset, or something like that) which can cause this?

Thank you in advance,

Michael

Hi Michael,

(1) SD file corruption can occur during a power down or reset but is very unlikely, The risk is only if a file is being written to or updated but still unlikely. It is the same if a PC were to lose power while writing a file. If your uLCD-70DCT is only reading from the SD card for displaying images etc, a power down wouldn't cause SD corruption.

(2) The uLCD will reset itself when power is applied.

(3) Can you explain the environment the display is used in. There is no sequence for resetting the screen as this is done on power up.

I hope this helps

Best Regards

Paul

Comment

Hello Paul, and thank you for the information.

(3) ViSi environment. My question would rather be: if there is any "odd" possible situation in which the display prints the message of "Drive not mounted", while it has been properly formatted and placed in the correct spot? Cause the only thing we did to fix it was to extract the SD card and put it again, and it worked again.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Comment

Hi Michael,

It isn't normal for that to happen. I would suspect it to be a problem with the SD card, does it happen often?

Did the SD card come with uLCD-70DT?

Best Regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Michael,

Could you please let me know the make / model of the SD card you are using.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Hi pauleilio, and thank you for the answer.

The SD didn't come with uLCD-70DT. By the way, we are doing some testing with electrical shocks and sometimes the display reaches this state of "Drive not mounted". Is there any way to reset the SD card via SW? Any function or something? Because we wish to do this without the need of opening the device, extracting the SD card and putting it again (which apparently "solves" this problem).

Thanks,

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by pauleilio View Post
              Hi Michael,

Could you please let me know the make / model of the SD card you are using.

Thanks

Paul
              The model is http://media.digikey.com/pdf/Data%20...20AFxGUD3A.pdf

Thank you,

Michael

Comment

Hi Michael,

There isn't a way of resetting the SD card by SW. The uLCD-70DT will continually try to mount the SD until it mounts.

Is it possible to try it with a different SD card?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

try a different SD card. I power uLCD-70DT lcd on and off without issues everyday, the issues only happen with a bad sd card, OR your writing to the sdcard during the shutdown.
                  Make sure you use RMPET utility in workshop to make sure the SD filesystem is properly initialized.

Comment

Working...
                  X