Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW TO DO: Change the picture of the display remotely and add new images

Hi everyone!
    I am working with the display uOLED-160-G2 and the IOT development board ESP-32. I have achieved to change the pictures of the display remotely. Using a Thinkspeak client, the ESP32 receives data from the server in order to send commands to the display that changes the pictures of the screen.
    However, this is not enough. I want/need to show new images periodically on my OLED. I mean, I would like to add new pictures to the SD of the smart display. Anyone has an idea of how to do this?
    I have seen in the shop new IOT displays modules, but only there are promotional videos, not good videos from makers. With this modules, can I send images to the display through internet?

Hello.

With the gen4-IoD range of displays and the new IoD-09 it is possible to display images from a local or web server that are in a GCI format using the PrintimageWifi command. This command will print the image at the current graphics cursor eg .

gfx.MoveTo(0,0);
    gfx.PrintImageWifi("http://www.4dsystems.com.au/downloads/RAW/conectd.gci");

Or you can use the DownloadFile(addr, filename) and use PrintImageFile to display it at the current graphics cursor. The commands you use to send to the IoD could be the address of the image you want to display/download

Best regards

Paul

Comment

So... only with SK-gen4-IoD-24T I will achieve my purposes. I have already purchased one SK.

Comment

No, if you can get your images via the ESP32 you can transfer them to the 160-G2 via serial
        Mark

Comment

Is gen4-IoD-24T capable of downloading an image from a FTP and displaying it on the TFT?
          I am thinking in using gen4-IoD-24T instead of ESP32 for connecting to the server.

Comment

Hello,

There is no built in function to download from an FTP server. The ESP8266 Arduino core is capable of doing this. I found this on Github https://github.com/esp8266/Arduino/issues/1183 which may help.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi,
              I know the possibilities of ESP8266. But I don't know how to implement it with the Goldelox processor.
              How to do it?

For example:
              - Download the picture from the FTP using ESP8266 or ESP32
              - The picture must be save in flash memory. Perhaps I need to add an extra memory chip.
              - Send the file to Goldelox or Picasso via serial. but... Do I will corrupt the SD memory of the graphic processor?
              -Do the pictures and GIF not need an special convertion with 4D Workshop in order to be display on the TFT?

Thank you very much

Comment

Hello,

All images that you display need to be in a GCI format so you won't be able to pull an image from an FTP server and send it directly to the display, it will have to be converted first. Converting from a jpeg or png can use a lot of memory and would exceed the available memory of the ESP8266. The ESP32 does have more available memory so maybe possible but I havent researched if that is possible. If the file on the FTP server was already in a GCI format then you can just download it to the ESP8266 or ESP32 and then send the GCI file to the Goldelox or Picaso via serial without corrupting the SD memory

In the Windows Start menu in 4D Workshop 4 IDE you will find Graphics Composer which will help you to convert your images into the GCI format

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Dear Pauleilio,

Thanks for your advice. I will try the idea and I will share the results here.

Best regards,

Javier

Comment

Hi Javier,

You are welcome. Please let me know how it worked out.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Working...
                    X