FLASH upload from an embedded system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLASH upload from an embedded system

I am developing an embedded product which includes a Picaso display, it would be nice to be able to uprgade the firmware in the field without the user having to disconnect the LCD.

Is it possible to upload (upgrade) the displays FLASH firmware from an embedded system, rather than using the 4D workshop utility? What is the serial protocol that is required?

Hello,

Yes this is possible, however an NDA is required to be signed and submitted prior to this information being released.

Please make contact with Danny stating your requirements, and what you are trying to achieve, what your embedded system is etc. He will get back to you with an NDA to sign, and then provide you the details once this has been completed. danny at 4dsystems dot com dot au

Regards
    James

Comment

Hi,

I have the same problem. I have to integrate a field upgrade for our product using a RaspberryPi.
      I need to make updates to the flash of Picaso and the uSD.

I solved the problem with SD-Card using an SPE environment while updating the uSD card.

Now I need something to write to the flash.

Can you please send NDA and documentation of the protocol or a binary updater for Linux (RaspberryPi)

Many thanks,
      Michael

Comment

Hi Michael,

Could you please open a support request at http://www.4dsystems.com.au/support It would be easier to process your request via our support team.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

if you are looking to have 4DWorkshop itself do the programming of the lcd, you can switch your comms port to the other available comms ports in your chosen environment and use COM0 just for programming the 4D display, this has allowed me to program the lcd while it still had a device attached and running on COM1 port without interference

Comment

Hi,
            the display has to be updated in a closed product with a RaspberryPi inside.
            The customer only gets an USB Stick for the Update.

All updates are running automatically. In order to flash the Picaso I only need to know the protocol for the serial port upload.
            There is no possible connection to any Windows PC. All updates are done by the connected RaspberryPi.

Regards,
            Michael

Comment

Working...
            X