genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_STRINGS, 0x00, "toto");

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_STRINGS, 0x00, "toto");

I would like to write to a string object on form0 and I have difficulties with that.
    My "application" is very basic. I have just a trackbar and I am reacting to its changes by modifying a string on the form.
    I can catch the event for sure, because I make the LED (13) blinking at the same time and that works. But no change to the text itself.
    Code:
    genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_STRINGS, 0x00, "toto");
    for(int i = 0; i < 10; i++) { digitalWrite(LED, LOW); delay(100); digitalWrite(LED, HIGH); delay(100);}
    Any advice?

Hi Mohamed,

genie.WriteObject() expects an integer for the last parameter.

You could try creating the string object in Visi Genie with the text "toto" then,

genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_STRINGS, 0x00, 0x00); // Strings0 Message 0 I Hope this helps Paul

Comment

Hi Pauleilio

Many thanks for the feedback.
      In my configuration I can't do what you are proposing. The reason is that I would like to display an IP address I received from the connected to access point and this is an information I don't know during Visi Genie design.
      I think I have to create a string in my sketch, then display it a run time.
      Is my way of thinking correct?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Mohamed,

Yes, my apologies, it is data from the arduino you want to send to the display so your way of thinking is correct.

I will try something here and get back to you.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

Hi Mohamed,

Writing strings is explained on page 6 http://www.4dsystems.com.au/download...0018_R_1_0.pdf

I hope this helps.

thanks

Paul

Comment

you should be using genie.WriteStr,
            try this:

Code:

genie.WriteStr(0, "toto");

Comment

Hi dear friends

Both ways are ok and I have tested them both.
              I find the second way of doing easier then declaring first the string to be used. For sure a matter of taste.

Many thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X