X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smax
    • Dec 2011

problem playing files non-consecutively

Hello, after I got the serial mode to work I've run into another problem. Playing the files consecutively i.e. from 0000.ad4 to 0003.ad4 works fine but starting at 0001.ad4 or so doesn't work, the module always starts playing the first file. Trying to play the second file in a loop, it starts by the first one (0000.ad4), then plays the second one in a loop. It's getting really frustrating, what could cause this? Btw I bought a sandisk 2gb uSD card, formatted to FAT16 with the panasonic SD formatter. Any help would be very appreciated!
  • ESPsupport
    4D Staff
    • Jan 2009

Are you using the 'play/pause' command?

You should only use the 'audio file address' command if you only want to play specific tracks
    Mark

Comment

• smax
      • Dec 2011

I'm giving the SOMO the file adresses, never use play/pause. Now I somehow solved the issue by sending 'stop' first and then playing the files I want. Not really a proper solution but it works 100% of the time so I'm fine with it
      Regards
      Max

Comment

• Graeme
        • Jun 2012

I realise this thread is getting old, but again - 2GB cards are very touchy with the SOMO in my experience. It appeared to me, to be very much a case of 50/50 weather any specific 2GB card would work or not. HOWEVER, if you use cards that are 1GB or less, I have never had a single issue, including jumping from file to file, even if one is playing. While 1GB or less cards are hard to find new in the shops(if not impossible), they abound on ebay for very cheap prices.

Comment

• atabou
          • Jun 2011

Thanks a lot smax, I had the same problem but stop instruction solves it all.

Regards

Comment

• atabou
            • Jun 2011

smax wrote: I'm giving the SOMO the file adresses, never use play/pause. Now I somehow solved the issue by sending 'stop' first and then playing the files I want. Not really a proper solution but it works 100% of the time so I'm fine with it Regards Max
            thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
            X