Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somo II microcontroller

Hello,

a question about the 16 bit microcontroller installed on Somo II. Is it manufactured by 4D Systems? Is the firmware available after device purchasing?

Regards,
    Vito

Hello Vito

It is not a 4D processor, no. However the firmware was customised to our requirements.
    Is there something specific you are needing, or is there a problem?
    From memory, I believe the firmware is OTP, so its not something that can be changed after its produced, but I will confirm this after I hear back from you.

Regards
    James

Comment

Hi James,
      thanks for your reply. Actually my question was for curiosity.
      I purchased the module yesterday, I'll expected it for next week.

Regards,
      Vito

Comment

Another question:
        Is there any application note ( for example providing a code) with a host microcontroller which is connected through serial port to Somo II?

Comment

Hello Vito,

What type of microcontroller were you thinking of, We have a library which uses it's own version of a software serial TX for aduino on any digital pin. It will not poll any info from the SOMO but will send all function's to the SOMO.

Is this the kind of thing you are looking for ?

Best regards

Paul

Comment

I was thinking about Microchip microcontrollers.
            can .wav files be reproduced using the somo II? I guess it's not possible...

Comment

Hello Vito,

The SomoII will play mp3 and wma files only. wav files can be converted to either format for playback.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by pauleilio View Post
                Hello Vito,

The SomoII will play mp3 and wma files only. wav files can be converted to either format for playback.

Best regards

Paul
                Hi Paul,
                i'm using the module; my application should be able to play mp3 and wav files inserted in the SD card. I noticed that actually the wav files I inserted in the sd card, to perform a simple test, are played for a few seconds before the module stops. It's a strange behaviour, I thought it would have totally ignored .wav files. Can you have an explanation for that?

Comment

Hello Vito,

It's surprising that it attempt's to play the wav file, they are not supported hence probably why they stop after a short time. It may be something to do with the size of the wav file compared to a mp3 or wma file.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X