4DCAPE-70T GPIO key-map ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4DCAPE-70T GPIO key-map ?

I'm wondering if it's possible to change the current configuration of the front buttons/key-map? I'd like to change a few of the buttons say from left/right to F11/F12. Is this possible?

I'm running one of the Ubuntu editions. Everything seems to work, I'm just unsure where the said 'key-map file' is. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Bump! any suggestions? Weeks out and no response. I even noticed the same results for a similar question asked... Great support on this product, NOT. You'd think asking this question on a forum dedicated to this product, I would find some real answers... But, I guess I seek to find better resolve elsewhere.
    AT LEAST I've discovered one thing....
    I know NOT TO, incorporate this garbage into any future projects. Seems questions, have no simple answers around here. So unprofessional....

Comment

Hello,

I can only apologise for the delay in getting back to you. It may have been researched through various BBB forums with no result.

Your question is not related to a physical hardware problem and is more a software issue.

We produce the hardware 4DCAPE70T which is fitted to the hardware pin's on the BBB, we have no control over the various OS's that can be installed on the BBB which is why we may not have an answer to software or configuration issues.

I will continue to try to find an answer to your problem.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Pual,

Thank you for the response. Well I certainly don't want to come off as rude. I just figured I'd have at-least got that response the first week... Anyhow, now I know someone does view these forums. I have to ask... IF you guys only design the hardware thats fine. What file currently maps the set of buttons already active? I'd like to have a look and see what's what. I'm sure when you guys designed the carrier board for the BBB to LCD you didn't just willy-nilly the GPIO connections. I'm sure they went to specific pins. From there what maps the up,down,left,right,enter restart,power? Maybe I can just figure it out with that answer... Something maps those keys. Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

It's fine, I understand the frustration.

In the datasheet http://www.4dsystems.com.au/productp...heet_R_1_3.pdf page 8, there is a circuit diagram which shows the hardware pins that the switches are connected to which may be useful.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Pual,

Thanks again for the prompt response.

I came across the schematic already..

Okay, I'll ask this question in another fashion...

When your 4D systems engineer was designing this on Eagle, Altium, whatever, ect... Where did he/she get their reference for what GPIO ports to hook/route into?? I'm sure it wasn't a guess.

Each switch pulls to ground..
            So
            sys reset- T1-reset
            GPIO15- T2-left
            GPIO17-T3-right
            GPIO18-T4-up
            GPIO-16T5-down
            GPIO3T6-enter
            PowerBJT-T7-power

Where did that information come from?? HOW did your engineer know UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT,ENTER??? As far as GPIO's are concerned?

There is a missing link of information here... I'd like to know how GPIO 15,16,17,3 were decided on? SOOOO again, how did you know say GPIO17 was Right on the keyboard? Where is this reference to GPIO-to key-press?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello,

The GPIO used are based on the reference design from CircuitCo (Beaglebones main CAPE supplier at the time). Ref. LCD4/LCD7

The GPIO is set in overlays from memory, which are built into the kernel. So its not something we can change. If you do want to change it, I believe you download the kernel source, and make the modifications required and rebuild the kernel to your requirements.
              This is something we cant really help you with though, so you will need to seek assistance from the beaglebone forums I am sorry, as we cant support their software.

Maybe this post will help you: http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...oid-kernel-3-8

Regards
              James

Comment

Working...
            X