UVGA-III SPE program with custum caracter check

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UVGA-III SPE program with custum caracter check

Hi everyone , I want to know if its possible to make little project with "Designer" for receive the serial data and after send it to the master "SPE program". For example, I want to use the same SPE program command but add a first byte for the addressing device and at the end of the command add a checksum (CRC 16bit).
    Ex. : Standard command gfx_Cls [FF][CD]
    New command gfx_Cls [00][01][02][FF][CD][CRC][CRC]...
    [00] = Start byte
    [01] = Address
    [02] = Number of byte
    [FF] = Command
    [CD] = Command
    [CRC] = CRC 16bit
    [CRC] = CRC 16bit for validating
    I want to plug more than one UVGA-III on the same serial port.I don't want to use an external microcontroler. Thanks,
    Corso

Well, you'd have to add all the necessary code to 4D Serial. You'd also have to create some sort of hardware arbitration for the Designer display's RX line as all the SPE displays will be fighting over TX

Might be easier to use a few IO bits on the Designer's display to switch TX+RX between multiple hosts.
    Mark

Comment

ESPsupport,
      HTML Code:
      Well, you'd have to add all the necessary code to 4D Serial. You'd also have to create some sort of hardware arbitration for the Designer display's RX line as all the SPE displays will be fighting over TX
      I'm not sure that I understand what you tell. I could programming my code in the 4D serial program? Can you provide a example?

Here is what I try to do:

Thanks,
      Corso

Comment

I said "Well, you'd have to add all the necessary code to 4D Serial."

What I meant was you'd have to modify 4D Serial to add the arbitration code.

Originally you said you wanted to connect a designer driven display to multiple uVGAs, now you have a PC?

Regardless, you can't just connect multiple devices in parallel when using serial, you can connect multiple RXs to a single TX (within reason), but you cannot connect multiple TXs to a single TX. You will need a switching mechanism, and it just seemed logical to use that switching mechanism to also switch the RX lines as well, and use the extra IO pins on the designer Display to do it.
        Mark

Comment

ESPsupport,
          Regardless, you can't just connect multiple devices in parallel when using serial, you can connect multiple RXs to a single TX (within reason), but you cannot connect multiple TXs to a single TX. You will need a switching mechanism, and it just seemed logical to use that switching mechanism to also switch the RX lines as well, and use the extra IO pins on the designer Display to do it.Sorry, I forgot to mention that we use a"TTL to RS-485" converter on each uVGA-III interface. The PC has a "RS-232 to RS-485" converter. What I meant was you'd have to modify 4D Serial to add the arbitration code.
          When you tell "modify 4D Serial" which interface in the "Workshop 4" in need to use? Designer, ViSi, ViSi Genie or Serial... I want to use all function SPE but add some byte in the standard command.

Best regards,
          Corso

Comment

You will need designer.

When you when you 'load spe' the SPE program is generated, compiled and loaded for you display model.

The source can be found in C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\temp4D.4dg after that is complete.

You can take a copy of that source and modify it for your needs.
            Mark

Comment

Thank you ESPsupport!

It sounds like what I need .
              Corso

Comment

Hello, I'm trying to add CRC or Checksum data to corroborate and validate the comunication. Anybody already did it?

Comment

Working...
                X