X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gen4 PA - GPIO to relays

35DCT using gen4 PA

Form 0 - LogoScreen // activate menu
    Form 1 - 8- 4DButtons// attach Pin Output (pulse 5000) - no Report Message attached to Pin Output or 4D Button
    Form 2 - same as Form 1

I have successfully powered on my display and loaded program to flash and saved Program files on SD card then mounted.

I used the gen4 PA- GPIO to connect to 8 channel relay. I pushed buttons and nothing happened. I read in the app notes this morning to attach Report Message to controller. Do i have to do the same if its just going straight to the relay from the PA -GPIO

I connected power and ground from relay separate. I tried connecting power and ground from gen4 PA for relays but my screen froze and needed restart.

Buttons set to Momentary.
    relays are Arduino compatible. - TTL voltage

Thank you
    Last edited by darondc; 27th June 2017, 07:30 PM.

if you used 2 different power sources, make sure your grounds are tied, else the signals wont work

Comment

35DCT using gen4PA

Form 0 - LogoScreen // activate menu
      Form 1 - 8- 4DButtons// attach Pin Output (pulse 2500)
      Form 2 - same as Form 1

Success: its working...woohoo

Changes made are : attached Report Message to Pin Outputs
      Common Ground needed for PA - GPIO and relays
      assigned Pin Outputs to GPIO (PA0, PA1, ect. ect.)
      Exceeded power source on PC using NeoPixels and relay. Changed power source of relays to PA -GPIO for testing purpose.

NeoPixels running from Arduino Mega 2560
      Relays running from gen4 PA - GPIO's

Next isssue: Figure out how to get 2 relays with same button and separate On times.
      Figure how to do an Analog sensor.
      Start build for project.

Comment

one button to toggle 2 relays that shut off by themself at different times is possible with millis() example, "blink without delay" example in arduino

Comment

A lot of common issues can be found here ...
          http://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum/...8120#post58120

Comment

"Multiple pin output objects can use the same pin. It is the user’s responsibility to manage such usage in a reasonable way."

In order for this to work, I would need an input to initiate the output, correct? I can not just set a pin output to pin and expect it to work.

So, how do I attach another output to button if its only letting me set 1 output to that button?

Comment

You can do it in code like pin_HI(pin) or pin_LO(pin) or in Genie where you can do an event which triggers the other pinout.
              - PinOutput0 Events : OnChanged -> PinOutput1Set
              Last edited by Kingpin; 5th July 2017, 10:39 PM.

Comment

35DCT-CLB to 8 channel relay.

Just completed getting buttons assigned to correct relays Had issues with Button to PA assignment. I then looked at the PA GPIO map and saw my connections to relay were wrong according to GPIO layout. adjusted accordingly. Working good, looking good.

I still have issue with getting 1 button and 2 relay to work at same time. Mayb possible with Magic Code. I do not know. If I could use Magic Code, i do not think will be possible with my inexperience with code. I can not see the code to understand what i need to add.

Oh, i do have an issue at Start up. I power on my display, and one my my relays turn on Automatic and will not turn off until i touch a separate button. After that, all buttons and relays work perfectly.

Comment

You can do it without code.
                  At the pinout event of one PinOutput you can assign at "OnChange" the other pinoutput.

Comment

Working...
                  X