4DPi-24-HAT with Raspberry pi 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

The datasheet was updated yesterday, and a new Kernel Pack is available for download, providing Kernel 4.4.34

Regards
    James

Comment

Hi. I have performed all steps according to the documentation. Pi 3. Noobs. update/upgrade. get and untar with no errors. Install and boot. Then nothing. Not even evidence of the backlight. Could there be something I missed, or is it dead on arrival?

Comment

Dear tickingclock,

You mentioned there is no backlight. Could you please check if there is a jumper
        block on the pins labeled ON/OFF, PWM? If there is none, please put one on the ON/OFF and
        apply power.

Did you also use the latest 4D Hats package which is:

4d-hats_4-4-34_v1.1.tar.gz

Best regards,

Comment

Thanks Noel. Unfortunately not, still nothing lights up with the jumper in either position, no evidence of boot after a few flashes of the Pi's yellow LED. I bought another identical display from Element14, in case the first was dead. That behaves in the same way. I also tried a different Pi3, and the same problems, so it looks like your release (4d-hats_4-4-34_v1.1.tar.gz) has a problem. I tried both with and without an apt-get update/upgrade before loading your gz and untaring it. There are no script errors. This is for a student project and I'm up against it. Please help.
          Thanks
          Steve

Comment

Dear tickingclock,

Here is the latest raspberry pi image with the 4D pi hats package already applied. It is tested and it works.
            I hope you can also try to format your uSD card (FULL in Format Type of Options) with the SD card formatter
            with the link below since often times, the uSD card is the problem that is why the raspberry pi does not boot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok1wn9a1o7...rryPi.img?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzt1xctbp6...Setup.exe?dl=0

Best regards,

Comment

Thanks Noel, that image works. It was not a noobs image, so I assume the problem was with noobs?
              To be clear, what apt-get commands should I not do?
              i.e. can I apt-get update and apt-get install packages such as SDL?
              Best regards,
              Steve
              Last edited by tickingclock; 11th February 2017, 06:32 AM.

Comment

First post on this forum. Old to computing, fresh to Raspberry Pi and new to 4DPi24 HAT.
                I am fitting it to a Pi 2 and have been reading this thread. After a number of "issues" - mainly self-induced - I have used the latest instruction from Noel - reformatted the SD card and loaded the supplied image. Reasonably successful, apart from the fact that I cant log-in. It wont accept "raspberry" as the password and wont let me change it either. Any suggestions?
                Thanks
                Mike

Comment

Forgot to say that I didn't do any apt-get update/upgrade after using your new image.
                  Mike

Comment

Dear mikeking,

The image works and anyone can login using pi as username and raspberry as password. However, if you do
                    a sudo startx-- -layout TFT or sudo startx-- -layout HDMI, this happens. The solution I found was to run
                    sudo raspi-config and choose boot from console either manual or auto login. After this, you can switch from your
                    HDMI monitor or the 4D-24-PiHat.

Best regards,

Comment

Noel,

Thank you for tour response. Yes, I had used " sudo startx-- -layout HDMI" in order to be able to read the text and move forward.
                      I will try your solution - hopefully this evening if I have time

Regards
                      Mike

Comment

dear Noel as a continue to this post u suggested ill see here the solution for my problem.
                        i tried the ready image you linked with the screen kernel.
                        same problem happened on 2 different sd cards
                        after first time im using the " sudo startx-- -layout HDMI" and restart the pi im getting the login screen and the password "raspberry" and it doesn't log in the screen blink and it ask the password again..
                        ill try to upload a video of that today. my project to uni is to the 20 this month i hope i can fix it.

Comment

Dear Tal katz,

The solution I found was to run sudo raspi-config and choose boot from console either manual or auto login. After this, you can switch from your
                          HDMI monitor or the 4D-24-PiHat.

Best regards,

Comment

Working...
                          X