Field Update of uLCD-32PTU on Raspberry Pi 1 B+ with Jessie Lite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Field Update of uLCD-32PTU on Raspberry Pi 1 B+ with Jessie Lite

We have chosen the uLCD-32PTU for a Product running on over 20 Devices spread in Hamburg and Berlin.
    So we have no chance to do a Software Update with a PC.
    We have to make a SW Update via the RaspberryPi used in the product.

Three ideas:
    1) Using the Serial environment and Starting a RunFlash.4XE which we can update via serial port of the display.
    Disadavantage: No Splash Screen after Power on . (latest ONE Second after power on) Raspi boots several seconds before Scripts execute which can start the RunFlash.4XE
    triggered over serial port.
    2) Using Visi environment. I have my splash screen instantly after power on . But I found no way to update the RunFlash.4XE or Flash contents via serial port from RaspberryPi.
    Yes, there is something like a solution. I could write a program on the Display communicating with my Raspi App getting the RunFlash.4XE and overwrite it on the SD Card.
    BUT this will work only once if failing. Writing a wrong RunFlash.4XE will brick the device because the serial update will not run anymore.

3) Using Visi-Genie environment: No Chance to Update, but fast Splash Screen.

I think Software Update on remote products is very common today. So there will be I solution. But I didn't find it yet.
    What would be the best solution?
    How can I get a fast Splash Screen on serial environment?
    or How can I update the SW for Visi or Visi-Genie over serial?

Thanks for your info in advance

It seemed I found a solution:

I can use Visi-Genie with RunFlash.4XE and .gci and .dat file on SD Card
    I have made a SPE load than which allows me to start the RunFlash.4XE later and if an Update is there then writing the update to SD Card via Serial bus from Raspberry Pi.

The fast splash screen solution was to change SPE2PV14.INC to show Splash after 200 ms and to load the Splash screen from the .gci file .
    There is one question left at the Moment. img_show(arg1, arg2) is arg2 the line in the .dat file? Or how is it calculated?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

lawi,

The argument 2 for img_show is the index of the images. Argument 1 is the handle
      which is obtained using file_LoadImageControl

Thes img_show is described in page 154 in the Picaso Serial command manual.
      While the file_LoadImageControl is at page 127.

Here is the link of the Picaso Serial command manual:
      --> http://www.4dsystems.com.au/productp...ual_R_1_20.pdf

Heer is the link of the Picaso Linux Serial Library:
      --> https://github.com/4dsystems/Picaso-...-Linux-Library

Best regards,

Comment

Hi,

as I wrote, I was successfully updating the RunFlash.4XE in serial SPE Environment. And then starting the RunFlash.4XE with a ViSi Genie Projekt inside.
        BUT now I have the Problem that the code in the RunFlash.4XE grows to much and will not be started in RAM of the Picaso.

So I have to put the program into Picaso flash.

It is a "must have" to field update the display. This means that I have to upload the display flash via serial port which obvouisly seems to work on Windows.

I need a method to update the flash from RasperryPi.

How does it work?

By the way, we can not use the gen4-ulcd-32DT because it does not fit into the Bezel of the ulcd-32PT. And we can not use capacitive touch in this project.

Many thanks in advance.

Michael

Comment

Working...
        X