Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error: Can't open onclude file `...KeyboardConst.inc`: No such file or directory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: Can't open onclude file `...KeyboardConst.inc`: No such file or directory

Hi,

I opened the KEYBOARD.4DVISI sample and clicked on compile and get this error:

Error: Can't open include file `...KeyboardConst.inc`: No such file or directory

Can't find this file anywhere. From a previous post I saw that this is supposed to be created by the program. Why does this not happen?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by baxter stockman; 23rd October 2015, 02:38 AM.

That file is generated by the 'build' step which should normally run immediately before the compile.

Can you go to the DOS prompt and do a dir/s from the project folder, capture the output (dir/s>file.txt) zip it up and post it here. I'm trying to understand why Workshop did not (re)generate the file automatically)

Then press SHIFT-F9 which forces the build step to run.
    Mark

Comment

same error, it starts but it doesn't finish

Comment

(Sorry, I added this to the above, thinking you might not have been online)
        Can you go to the DOS prompt and do a dir/s from the project folder, capture the output (dir/s>file.txt) zip it up and post it here. I'm trying to understand why Workshop did not (re)generate the file automatically)
        Mark

Comment

here thanks!

I changed the #platform "uLCD-32PTU" to #platform "uLCD-28PTU"

could that be why ?
          Attached Files

Comment

Hmm, your program is called "keyboard_tutorial", so the included const file should be "keyboard_tutorialConst.inc"

If you use 'save as' it will rename that for you, but, of course, if you use explorer to rename the file, it will get missed and cause an error.

Not sure what happened in your case
            Mark

Comment

Works like a charm THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
              X