Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown value when reading from text file on SD card

Hello,

I first posted under a different category, but this one makes more sense. I'm trying to read in values from a text file on an SD card. I can successfully read values from the file using the following:
    Code:
    charsRead := file_GetS(tempString, 5, templates);
    When I try to use the value in the tempString variable, I can't figure out how to read it properly. The tempString variable displays a correct value of 11 if I use print([STR]tempString), but if I try to pass the tempString value into another variable, it comes out as 0 or 206 or 226 but never 11.

Would anyone have any idea why that could be happening?

Thank you!

Hello,

Are you reading just the 1 byte from the SD card or more as the size 5 suggests. Would mychar := file_GetC(templates) ; work better for so you could just handle the 1 byte you are reading.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response. I made a text file for testing that looks like the following:
      Code:
      I am trying to read in the whole line at a time. Eventually I will want to read values from 0 to 99 and even text strings, so I didn't think the file_GetC function would work. What do you think?

Thanks again.

Comment

Good day umich,

Here is what I can suggest:

For your first post, I suggest when you are going to transfer the tempString to another variable (where you intend it to be a integer) you need to use the str_GetW function to properly store the string into a variable and read it as an integer.

For your second post, you can still use the file_GetS() function. The function reads a string and stops when it detects a Newline or EOF, the function also automatically moves the pointer. You will just need to use different variables to store your data.

Example:
        file_GetS(data1, 5, templates);
        file_GetS(data2, 5, templates);

Comment

Working...
        X