Error : Maximum program size of 32750 for device has been exceeded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error : Maximum program size of 32750 for device has been exceeded

As in the title i have ran out of program memory, I have 44 forms over 100 magic events countless number of buttons gauges and spectrum's.

I have been reading the memory management app note about saving the main program to uSD and using a parent child system for running the program with the parent program saved on the processor.

All my programming up until now has been using Visi-Genie can i proceed using genie or do I have to change to Visi to use this functionality.

i am using workshop PRO.

Regards
    Ian
    Last edited by ian79; 7th July 2017, 02:57 AM.

Hello Ian,

Would it be possible to let us have a look at your code to see if there can be any memory saving's so you can continue your project in Visi-genie. It would be esier to continue this way rather than having to change to Visi.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Great can you PM me your email thanks

Comment

Hi Ian,

I have just sent you a PM

Best regards

Paul

Comment

program sent thanks

Comment

Hello,

I also have this program of exceeding the 32750 limit on a Gen4-uLCD-50DT. Is that really the limit? I added 18 lines, which exceeded the limit, so I deleted 30 or so lines that were commented out, and the "code size required" is not going down at all - it seems to stay at 32788 no matter how much I delete. Does anyone know why this might be happening?

Thanks!

Comment

commented out lines are not written to flash or compiled, thats why nothing changed when you removed 30 commented out lines

Comment

Thanks, tonton81. Is there a commonly-used strategy to deal with the 32750 space limitation?

Comment

depends on your code, functions used (floats, Strings vs char arrays, str* related shortcut functions) many possibilities

Comment

you can compress your code or make it smaller as well by bitshifting certain things. when i created an hvac setup with 9 leds i used a single uint16_t to store the 9 led states. sometimes making it complex can save space, while doing quickest methods consume more

Comment

Working...
                    X