Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Static and Dynamic Wear Leveling of my uSD card?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Static and Dynamic Wear Leveling of my uSD card?

hi
    bay Usd_4G on 4Dsystems distributor (mouser) . I read the datasheet but i dont understand the table call Performance Overview where I see two reference controller S8032 et PS8035. What are differencies between this two referencescontroller ?

how 4dsystems manages the choice selection between Static or Dynamic Wear Leveling of my uSD card? And the last question Phison provides advanced Wear Leveling algorithm? this algo is it integrated by 4Dsystems?
    Thanks

Not sure about your question, but in general the wear leveling refers to algorithms on the uSD card. The application or system does not need to do anything, the card does it all automatically, behind the scenes.
    Mark

Comment

I use usd 4g industrial and on it having already implemented wear leveling algorithms and BCH ECC engine. Theses 2 concepts protect for bloc destroyement.

My question is:
      In my uSD card ,i write constantly every 4.5 s in my log file. When this file is full i rewrite on first line of my log file and i continu cyclically. In this way , can i destroy the memory bloc containing my file after 10 years of running.
      Thanks

Comment

We do not manufacture the cards, so we can only look at the datasheet, the same as you.

I suggest your email Phison directly and ask them, as I beleive you have a Phison card.
        Mark

Comment

Hi
          i use usd 4Giga industrial microSD card for one of your costumer call 4DSystems (http://www.4dsystems.com.au/product/uSD_4GB_Industrial/).
          I choose this card because in the field of my project i need wear leveling algorithms and BCH ECC engine. If i understand ,Theses 2 concepts protect for bloc destroyement.
          For more information of the use of this uSD card in my project:
          In my uSD card ,i write constantly every 4.5 s in my log file. When this file is full i rewrite on first line of my log file and i continu cyclically.
          My questions are:
          In this way with ​wear leveling algorithms and BCH ECC engine , can i destroy the memory bloc containing my file after 10 years of running ?
          what is the solution of this card PS8032 or PS8035 ?
          what is the fash memory type SLC/MLC/pSLC? SLC is it best choise because we can have more than 100 000 write access by bloc?
          What type of card could you propose for this type of application?
          Thanks

Comment

Hello

As Mark said in his last post to you, 4D Systems does not manufacture these cards.
            These types of questions you really need to direct to the manufacturer.

The cards we sell are MLC PS8032

Click image for larger version

Name:	Phison-MicroSD-Industrial-4GB.png
Views:	1
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	44000

Regards
            James

Comment

Working...
            X