Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mimic Apple Touch/iPhone scrolling

All,

I don't suppose anyone has managed to mimic the scrolling effect that you can get on Apples devices, depending upon the speed that you stroke the screen, then sroll will be proportional & will behave with some inertia.

I'd be keen on understanding the approach/method/algorithms if anyone has these to hand.

Cheers,

Pete

I join the request too

Comment

Like this? https://youtu.be/v_1XHvuqjn8

It's not quite the same as the Apple since you can slide in any direction. I don't go in much for the inertia bit, but it would be easy to add
      Mark

Comment

Hey cool video there. Thats a neat demo. So by tiled images does that mean you took a large image and split it up into many 320x240 images that you display?

Brings up a question why can't you just load the large image and move its (x,y) position out of screen bounds? My guess is you cant have negative x,y coords or something? Or some issue with boundaries that the tiled images can eliminate.

Anyways, think you might post some sample code to see how its done? I've an idea but wouldn't mind some help.

Mike

Comment

Please use the Latest PmmC with this, the previous versions have an anomaly that shows along the right hand side.

You could load a large image, to a certain degree, but there will be a performance penalty. I chose 32x32 as the tile size without much expimentation, so other sizes may be faster.
          Attached files slider4.zip (546 KB)
          Mark

Comment

Working...
          X