Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting exposure time?

Hi@All

I want to use either the RS232 or TTL uCAM modul as embedded autoguider http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoguider for controlling an astronomical telescope. Therefor it is neccessary that I can adjust the exposure time of the camera to about 1sor 2s to integrate the light on the sensor. Is this possible with the 4dsystems CAM modules?

Sory, no, 'everything' is 'automatic' 1/50 sec is the 'longest'.
    Mark

Comment

Thank you for the answer.
      Then I will use the CMUCam3.

Comment

Hi, I was wondering, since 1/50 sec is the slowest speed, what is the fastest? If the camera is on a small object (the size of a soft-drink can) falling with a parachute (i.e. moving / rotating relatively slowly), and is taking landscape pictures in daylight, is there a good chance the pictures will be clear?
        Thanks

Comment

You'll just have to try it. The manufacturer's datasheet for the camera chip doesn't specify it as far as I can see
          Mark

Comment

okay, but I'm a bit confused... the 1/50 sec max exposure time, is that specification from the chip manufacturer, or is it more to do with the design of the camera itself (i.e. specified by 4D)? wouldn't there be a maximum speed specified in the same place as the minimum speed of 1/50 sec?

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Looking at the 4D datasheet it says:-
              Exposure Automatic, self regulating, 1/50(1/60) – 1/100,000(sec)

isn't that all you need?
              Mark

Comment

Wow, I must be blind. Don't know why I didn't see that, I guess I need more sleep. Sorry. That is in fact what I need. Thanks for your help.

Cheers!

Comment

Is the exposure in snapshot mode is minimum 1/50 ?
                  i want to take picture from stars out side the city , and capturing the stars which can be seen by naked eye is enough for me ! could please tell me if this is possible or not ?
                  NR

Comment

Working...
                  X