Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Paul,
    Did this work for you?
    I so we do not need the PGM pin I am assuming?

I will use this PicProgrammer2.ino from you once I get my board.
    Thank you, Asha

Comment

Hi Asha,

It works from the windows application but not really sure if it is flashing the PIC as yet

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,
        So I got my system with modification where
        #define PGC 12
        #define PGD 10
        #define EN 13 //PGM & MCLR

But as soon as I launch "main.exe" and enter my program (i am attaching) it crashes because the command prompt disappears. But when I run the "blink.hex", it just sits there and nothing happens. I was wondering if you have a usb connected to the 4duino module?

Thanks,Asha
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Paul,
          So there are 2 issues
          1. is the port issue when I run the "main.exe blink.hex"
          2. I think also that the size of the hex file matters along with how much flash memory pic has. My hex file is more than 70K and the PIC18F57K42 has 128K of flash

So I believe these have to take into account.

Thanks,
          Asha

Comment

Hi Paul,
            I was wondering if you are testing with 4Duiino ? And not Arduino UNO?
            Thanks,Asha

Comment

Hi Asha,

I am testing with both but had some comms issues with the 4Duino yesterday. I will be trying again with the 4Duino shortly. I wanted to at least get the Windows application working right with the Arduino sketch first. The windows application needs some work to accept the files that we are using with it. I hope to have the 4Duino showing Success as the UNO version does later even though I don't think the upload was successful.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,
                So I made some modifications to the APP because it was not working for me and also because it need to be adapted for my PIC.
                I am attaching a zip file that has all the changes. Its not working because I am not getting response from the 4Duino.

I had to remove the PicProgrammer.ino and the hex file because the zip file was getting over the limit of 4.7

Thanks, Asha
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Asha,

I will try this out now and hopefully get a response back from the 4Duino

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

I looked into the PicProgrammer2.ino and found that the void serialEvent() does not get invoked or something of that sort. On the website, people suggested void serialEventRun()
                    I was wondering if you or team can shed some light on this? Because that is where I am now stuck. Thanks very much for your help. Asha

Comment

Hi Asha,

Yes, you are correct. I have just looked. It explains why there is no resonse at all and why it works on the UNO. I have just added this line in void loop() and it seems to work

void loop(){
                      if(Serial.available()>0) serialEvent();

Thanks for finding it.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
                      X