Iod09 Demo yields white screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iod09 Demo yields white screen

Anybody else getting a white screen after uploading the Iod09 demo to the module?

I have the SK for the tiny 09 display, with the SD-UPA. I formatted the sd card, copied the requisite files over, and compiled/uploaded the sketch to the module via the Arduino IDE (Workshop IDE didn't work). I just downloaded the latest demo off of github.

after upload, I just have a white screen. I've cycled power, reset and I've tried it on two display modules.

does anyone have any insights? what am I doing wrong?

Click image for larger version  Name:	demo issue 1.PNG Views:	2 Size:	26.3 KB ID:	62881
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bigfinsci; 18th April 2018, 03:07 AM.

c'mon now! I know y'all have something to add. please help me out here, I seem to have done everything right, yet a white screen. Very disappointing! 4D, where are you?

Comment

• James_4DSystems
      James_4DSystems commented
      Editing a comment
      Please remember about time zones. Your post was 12:49AM and then this was 8:56AM - we don't work through the night obviously.

• bigfinsci
      bigfinsci commented
      Editing a comment
      So true, James. Please forgive the attempted levity. Also, I was trying to rib my fellow Americans to help out, while y'all slept. To be completely fair: (1) I'm very new to the forums and should probably keep a lid on the ribbing and (2) you seem very responsive, so far (thank you). When you're awake, that is. You could probably stand to improve your responsiveness when you're NOT awake, however.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear you are having an issue with the IoD-09 demo. The white screen usually means the Display hasn't initialized properly so the code hasn't allowed the gfx library to start. I will do some test's and provide a solution shortly.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

thanks very much, Paul! Looking forward to it.

Comment

is that something you're planning on providing during your morning, such that I might use it late my time?

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. There is a section on page 11 of this datasheet https://www.4dsystems.com.au/product...heet_R_1_2.pdf on how to modify the boards.txt file in particular this setting

gen4iod.build.flash_mode=qio

which should be set to

gen4iod.build.flash_mode=dio

Can you please check the boards.txt file to make sure this setting is correct.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

That did the trick! What does that setting mean? I see at the top of that boards.txt file that a script may over-write whatever's there. When might that python script be invoked such that I'll have to edit the file again?

Things are at least displaying now (text). I'm stuck at "(IP Address) Connecting to. 4D Systems". IP address looks right, so I think I'm connected, but I haven't verified that.

thanks for your help!

Comment

Hi,

Glad it's working, The setting is for the different type of memory flash chips that are installed on the device and is just a compatibility setting. The script will be good like that unless you update the esp8266 core but that should be fine by then as the change has been pushed to the core.

In the demo, at that stage the IoD is trying to print an image from our server, you can comment that line out of the demo so it will carry on to the next part. You will have to copy the files from the SD card data folder in the example to the SD card.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
              X