Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defective unit?

I have a IOD 2.4 and an IOD 2.8.
    Now running directly on the Arduino sketch.

I have tried with the GFXdemo4D prgoram, and its works OK on the 2.4. However, uploading the same program to the 2.8, the 2.8 do not connect to the wifiserver.

With the WiFiScanIOD program example, both the 2.4 and 2.8 detects my wifi server.

Any ideas?

regards
    Poul

Hello Poul,

I am sorry to hear you are having problems connecting with the 2.8 IoD. Is your IoD trying to connect directly to your Wifi Router or does it pass through a Wifi repeater first. We have noticed some IoD's don't connect very well via Wifi repeaters. Also in the WiFiScanIoD example, are the sinal strengths the same.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

I was connecting directly to a router.

I have now tried the WiFiAccessPoint example software.
      It runs OK on the 2.4 unit, and also on an IOD 9 unit.
      That means, I have a consistent signal on a WiFi analyzer, I can log on, and the message " You are connected works fine, also when refreshing the browserpage.

The 2.8 unit is working different.
      The WiFi signal on the analyzer is weaker and interrupted. I manage to log on to the AP once and get the message on the browser, but the connection died, and it was not possible to refresh the page for the message.
      But I found, that touching the SB2 pad, increases the signal and the board works OK, I have resoldered the bridge on SB2 and the solderpads for the rainsun antenna, but that did not solve the problem.
      Any hints?

regards
      Poul

Comment

Hello Poul

Would you like to open a support ticket to deal with the IoD that doesn't connect. You can open a support ticket by visiting the link below,

https://www.4dsystems.com.au/support

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul
          I guess something is wrong with the on board antenna.
          I soldered a short wire to the SB2 pad instead, that solved the problem.

regards

Poul

Comment

Hi Poul,

That's a neat fix. The on board antenna is quite delicate so maybe it is damaged internally.

Many thanks for letting me know.

Best regards

paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

I have a question about the communication protocol.

When using the serial communication protocol (as described in section 3 of Visi-Genie Reference Manual), how do I recover from bad communication.

For example, if a byte is lost or something goes wrong, the display continually responds with NAKs. How do I sync up again?

Thanks!

James

Comment

Hello James,

You may find this forum post useful.

https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum...-flush-buffers

It is important to try to find how you are losing a byte if it is a regular occurance.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your help. I have another question about gifs. I would like to be able to make a gif run forever (keep spinning) or at least continue to run when the form is activated.
                  I think it is probably something I can do with Genie Magic Codes, but I have little to no experience with coding.

How would I be able to make this happen?

Thank you again!

James

Comment

Working...
                  X