Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some noop questions to IoD-09TH, 4D-UPA and programming

Hello everybody!

I want to try to build a IoD-09TH in a rc-car cockpit as a speedometer. First it should only be a dummy, maybe with real function later.

I got my IoD-09TH and 4D-UPA. Now I have some questions about the programming.

1. As I understood the IoD-09TH can only be programmed with the Arduino-IDE. Is this right?
    2. I can use Workshop4 to generate graphics and code for the IoD-09TH. But I can't load it up to the IoD-09TH directly with Workshop4. Is this right?
    3. How can I use pictures and code, generated in Workshop4, in Arduino-IDE? A point to point instruction would be fine.

I will have more questions, but this is enough at the beginning.

greatings Joscha

Hi Joscha,

Welcome to the forum.

With regards to your questions,

“As I understood the IoD-09TH can only be programmed with the Arduino-IDE. Is this right?”
    • The IoD modules are both Arduino IDE and Workshop4 IDE compatible meaning you can program it with either of the two IDEs.
    “I can use Workshop4 to generate graphics and code for the IoD-09TH. But I can't load it up to the IoD-09TH directly with Workshop4. Is this right?”
    • The IoD can be directly programmed via Arduino IDE or Workshop IDE. The only difference is using the Workshop4 IDE provides additional graphical benefits over using the Arduino IDE.
    • Please also be noted that the generated graphics files (GCI and the DAT files) will be saved in the micro-SD card. The GCI file contains the graphics and the DAT file contains a list of the objects inside the GCI file. These files will be accessed by the program when the display module is turned on.
    “How can I use pictures and code, generated in Workshop4, in Arduino-IDE? A point to point instruction would be fine.”
    • For further understanding with regards to IoD-09 module and having knowledge in setting up the display module and IDE, kindly check the links below.
    https://www.4dsystems.com.au/product...heet_R_1_2.pdf
    https://www.4dmakers.net/projects/de...09-smart-watch

Please see attached images for additional information in setting up the display module and 4D-UPA.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.11 MB
ID:	65879 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20181105110336.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	65880

I hope the above information helps.

Best Regards,
    Pearl
    Pearl

Comment

Hey Pearl!

Thanks for this information. It seems I missunderstood some of my collected informations.

Than I have some trouble to connect to the IoD-09TH with Workshop4. The Arduino IDE can connect to the Module. I have many diffrent Drivers for USB to Serial converters on my PC. Maybe one of them cause the issues. I will make a new try on my labtop.

I will report here.

Comment

I'm always getting that error in Workshop4 while Comp'nLoad: Arduino IDE does not appier to be responding, check comms port

I don't know where are my issues. Arduino IDE can get board information (board unknown, but get's data), Terminal 9600 is working, ...

Comment

Hi Joscha,

Have you already done in the configuration of Arduino IDE and added the IoD board to the board manager of Arduino IDE? If not please refer to the section “Arduino IDE” of the IoD-09_datasheet. (https://www.4dsystems.com.au/product...heet_R_1_2.pdf)

Thank you and Best Regards,
          Pearl
          Last edited by Pearl; 12th November 2018, 12:59 PM.
          Pearl

Comment

Working...
          X