No announcement yet.

Does gfx_Contrast work for this module?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does gfx_Contrast work for this module?

I have tried using the gfx_Contrast command but it does not seem to be having any effect. I am using Display.gfx_Contrast(5) to 'dim' the display but I am not seeing a change.

Hi Frank,

Thank you for contacting us.

Please be reminded that the contrast of the 4Duino display module has only two states. Thus setting the contrast to zero and non-zero, will cause the contrast of the display to turn off and on respectively.

As also discussed in this forum, kindly visit the link below.
    https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum...en4-ulcd-28-pt

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,
    Pearl
    Pearl

Comment

Thanks that works well. In a timed control structure I turn the display off and turn it on in a TOUCH_PRESSED control structure in the Void loop() function.

Comment

oops spoke too soon. For some reason there seems to be limited number of wake ups before the module locks up. Maybe 8 to 10 times. Am I supposed to be clearing a buffer that stores screen touch events or something. If I leave the screen 'on' the program runs 'forever' any help will be much appreciated. Also I have not been able to confirm this yet but the unit seems to lock up after clearing the display to load other screens. gfx.cls() and then load another graphic image. It seems to me to be related to the number of touch events.

Comment

Hi, again Frank,

Can you please further elaborate on the issue you have encountered, so we can analyse it more?
          And it would be if you can send to us a video and your zip project containing the problem.

Thank you and Best Regards,
          Pearl
          Pearl

Comment

Hi, Thanks for your response. I believe I have resolved it. I misunderstood how the display works and thought that when the screen went dark that the underlying touch zones were disabled. I guess what was happening is that I was inadvertently pressing in an area where I have set as a touch zone (a button drawn on on an image) that was taking me to another part of the program that has a loop that gives the user an infinite amount of time to enter a code or if no buttons are pressed then times out after a minute and returns. So what I have done is hold the other touch events until the screen is on.

I really like this little device. My only concern is the amount of program space when it is all said and done I may use 95%. I know that should not be a problem.

I wish you would make a device like this with a 32 screen coupled with a zero board. That would be a very powerful device.

Comment

Hi Frank,

Glad to hear that you have resolved your problem.

Thank you for your suggestion. Your opinion is very much appreciated.
              Please feel free to share insightful ideas with us. Again, thank you.

Best Regards,
              Pearl
              Pearl

Comment

Working...
              X