Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart widget shares?

Hi guys.
    ain't it possible to share smart widgets?

I would love to have a "database" to browse for all those awesome widgets you guys is doing!

Hello Kaspervissing,

When sharing smart widgets (available in the PRO version of WS4), it is important to know the difference between a smart gauge (found in the gauges section of the widgets tab) and a smart knob and/or a smart slider (both found in the inputs section of the widgets tab).

The main difference between the above widgets is that a smart gauge does not require additional touch parameters while a smart knob or a smart slider requires touch parameters which need to be set as can be seen below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	final.image.png
Views:	1
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	63849

Consequently, for smart gauge widgets, it is easy to share these by simply combining the relevant images and the .4DSmart file in a folder(for these you need to check the .ImgData folder of your project). While for smart knob or smart slider widgets, the touch parameter configuration is not saved on the .4DSmart file so it is highly recommended to zip the WS4 project containing these widgets, just to make sure that all resources and info are included.

Unfortunately, there’s no available database of widgets yet (I presume you are looking for an online database?). However, you can also check the existing .4DSmart files in the PRO version of WS4 by hitting the Load Button as shown below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	click.png
Views:	1
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	63850

If you share a smart widget with another user then make sure that he/she possesses a PRO license for him/her to be able to open and use the project containing smart widgets.

All The Best,

Kayven

Comment

Hi.

Thnaks for the note about all the samples. that's a start. I can see your point about the issue in sharing, but at least the praphic part is a good start for sharing, especiale if it was possible to preview i folder.

/kasper.

Comment

You're welcome, Kasper. If you have queries in the future, don't hesitate to contact us.

All The Best,

Kayven

Comment

Working...
        X