Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer rate from program to display / Gauge refresh principle

Hi,

1) I'm writing an App with lots of pixel refresh, so I want to spare on everything.

About the standard round gauges: it looks from the generated code that's it's just a display of a frame of a multi-frame image from the SD card.

So does it rewrite all pixels from the Gauge at each value refresh (which seems to turn into a frame choice)

If so, I'll just display a background image and manage the needle by myself to save pixels (write black on previous needle, write new needle)

2) What's the program to display refresh rate when not using the SD Card ?

Thx

Fran├žois

Hello Francois,

Welcome to the forum

Yes you are correct, it is a frame from a multi-frame image set and it will re-write all pixels, advantage being the object can be complex and you don't have to worry about un-drawing and deleting previous pixels. It does this very quickly and several gauges can be drawn at what appears to be at the same time when using real data rather than simulated data.

The draw rate of primitive objects can be quicker and the screnario you explained by just dealing with the needle as a primitive will be fast. The only issue you may have is you may introduce flicker when you replace old needle with black pixels and then replace with the new needle,

A handy command for finding the co-ordinates of the needle is gfx_Orbit(), you can find more information on page 138 of this datasheet https://www.4dsystems.com.au/product...ions_R_2_0.pdf

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
    X