Append CR and LF characters to file in Genie Text eXecutor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Append CR and LF characters to file in Genie Text eXecutor

Is it possible to add the Carriage Return (0x0D) and Line Feed (0x0A) characters to some String data and append that to a file using the GTX?

I have a date/time/error string ("09/09/2018 15:15:15 001") and I need to append these two characters at the end of it before I send it off to Append it to the file.

I have tried escaping these characters "/n" or "/CR" etc, but it just displays these characters on the 4D Display.

Chris
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GTX Append to File.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	64408

Hello Chris,
    It is possible. You can first send a String or UnicodeString and then next send the Bytes for Carriage Return (0x0D) and Line Feed (0x0A). Be sure to select the radio button String or UnicodeString when sending a string and select the radio button Bytes for the Carriage Return (0x0D) and Line Feed (0x0A). I have attached sample images. I hope this helps.

Best regards,
    Bern
    Attached Files

Comment

Well what do you know - that actually worked

I thought the fact of sending the data, getting an ACK, then sending the Return/Line Feed afterwards would not be processed correctly by our programme on the 4D Display for adding new entries to our errors.txt file but it did.

Thanks for your help Bern

Comment

Hello Chris,

I'm glad I was able to help you.

Best regards,
        Bern

Comment

Working...
        X