Waking from sleep mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waking from sleep mode

I have been testing the sleep functions on my uLCD-32PTU and so far they look quite promissing. I have only one concern. After the display wakes up, the back-light is always on, regardless what it was set before it went to sleep. I set the back-light immediately to off state as the first command after wakeup, but even this results in a short, but visible blink. In my application, after entering sleep mode, the display should wakeup periodically (for example every 30 seconds), store the accumulated logging data to SD and go back to sleep. In this case, starting the display back-light is not necessary.

Is it possible to wake up from sleep mode with back-light set to off? If not, I would suggest to consider upgrading the sleep functions, so after the wakeup the back-light setting is the same as before entering sleep.

Regards,
    Valentin

At the moment it is not possible, but we will certainly look into whether it can be achieved.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Mark

Comment

Can you explain the difference between the Sleep and DeepSleep functions? For my display (uLCD-32PTU) there seems to be no visible diference. I can achive the current of approximately 4 mA in both sleep modes. I also implemented the media_Init function just before entering sleep (as recommended in one of the existing posts on the forum), which resulted in the reduction from about 17 mA to 4 mA with the mounted SD. Unmounting and re-mounting the SD card seems to have no effect and is just a waste of wakeup time. Also disabling peripherial power with IO3_PIN seems to just add confusion.
      Can you also explain what media_Init function does? I am always a bit frustrated, because I am not sure when it is necessary to include it...

Regards,
      Valentin

Comment

For the 32PTU deep sleep and sleep make no difference to power consumption, different models behave differently.

media_Init sets up the uSD card for access by sending it the required initialization commands.

file_Mount calls media_Init internally, so really, you only need to do that call if you want to use the uSD only in RAW mode.
        Mark

Comment

Im Currently having issues posting my own topic so I apologize for using someone elses post to get help. I just recently started learning about arduino and am finding certain things impossible for me. i want to have an external button to wakeup and put my arduino into sleep mode. and I am also finding it difficult to learn how to hide one form to reveal another, and also hide objects on my form. I have previously used Visual Basic for programing and am finding myself very confused because I keep trying to use visual basic code without even thinking about it. arduino is really different than what I already know.

Comment

Hello,

It can be quite difficult to go from one programming language to another, especially a high level language like Visual Basic. There are many tutorials on-line for the Arduino code and many examples to look at and learn from.

We have an Appnote section here https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnotes and we have a large amount of Arduino appnotes if you just click the Arduino checkbox and then press the search button. These appnotes explain how to use the Arduino with your display and also come with example code.

This appnote will cover the basics of attaching an Arduino to your display.

https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00017/

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

I’m using a 4Duino which already has a display and am confused whether or not I need to use an as card when compiling so that I can see my program once it is compiled

Comment

Hello,

You will need an SD card if you intend to use the features of the Extended Graphics environment. If you are doing simple text and primitive shapes then you don't need an SD card. When it comes to compiling, if SD widgets have been used then a dialogue box will appear asking you to specify the drive of your SD. At this point you should have removed the SD card from the display and insterted into the PC for Workshop to copy the necessary graphics files (GCI & DAT file) onto the SD card.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
                X