Reading files from the SD card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading files from the SD card

Is there a functionality that will allow me to read files directly off the SD card on the display module? I'm using a Teensy 3.2

Hello,

Yes you can read the files but it will depend on which programming environment you are using. If you are using Visi-Genie you will be able to do this with Genie Magic code which is availbale in the Pro version of Workshop 4.This appnote explains the use of Magic Objects for accessing the SD card

https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00161/

If you are using Serial SPE then there are functions to allow you to access the SD card with built in serial commands. In addition these commands are supported in the Picaso Serial library.

https://www.4dsystems.com.au/product...nual_R_2_0.pdf

The list of serial commands start on page 92

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

So it is only available with Pro? I am using Visi-Genie and I think I have only the free version of workshop4 as I don't see a Genie Magic tab anywhere in the interface. Is it possible to port an existing Visi-Genie project into the serial environment, or is my only option to get Pro?
      Last edited by wombuttress; 19th June 2018, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Hi,

You can redo the project in the Serial SPE environment but you won't be able to port it over. The images you have created or used can still be used in the serial environment by using one of the Arduino compatible displays when you start a new project. Your host code will be different but you will have the access to the SD card that you need.

Alternatively you can use the trial version of Pro to see the benefit of the additional features including the new Smart widgets tool.

I hope this this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
        X