Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• touch_Get(0) fluctuates between 0 and 1

Hi guys,

I've got a problem with my uLCD32-WPTU, PmmC rev 3.7, SPE2 rev 1.1, interfaced with an Arduino Mega via Serial 2.

When calling touch_Get(0) and holding my finger on the touchscreen, the response value fluctuates between 0 and 1. When moving around, it never shows 3, neither 2 when releasing.
    I don't need to get a "3" status when moving around, but I need every other status to get my project to work fine.

Any ideas?
    I don't know if this is due to firmware version, but since I don't need images or advanced graphical objects yet, I thought it would be wise to ask here before buying a µUSB-PA5.

Thanks!

Hello,

Welcome to the Forum!

I tried replicating the issue you have mentioned, however, I didn’t encounter the same problem as yours.
    Apparently, the display’s touch might have a problem. I suggest that you try the Touch Test Draw, it is an example for you to be able to check the display’s touch sensitivity.

You can do this by clicking the “Samples” under the “File” menu. From there, proceed to Picaso Designer and click “TOUCH SCREEN” samples, then run the “Touch Test Draw”.

Then if there is an issue in the display, proceed to the touch calibration.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.PNG Views:	1 Size:	26.4 KB ID:	64972

Please let me know if it helps to find the real issue and if you have further questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank you and Best Regards,
    Pearl
    Pearl

Comment

Is the µUSB-PA5 needed in order to achive this?

Comment

Hi,

In order for you to do the test, you will be needing a programming adaptor. Below are the following lists that you may use.
        • Universal Programming Adaptor (4D-UPA)
        • microUSB Programming Adaptor (uUSB-PA5/ uUSB-PA5-II)
        • Programming Adaptor for gen4 Intelligent Display modules (gen4-PA)

You may also use the 4D Programming cable, as it is can be directly connected to the display.

For more details with regards to our product, kindly check the link below.
        https://www.4dsystems.com.au/products

Thank you.

Best Regards,
        Pearl
        Pearl

Comment

Hi,
          I updated the PmmC to rev 4.4, the SPE2 to rev 1.4 and calibrated the screen but the issue is still here...
          Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi,

It seems that the issue you mentioned regarding with the display touch sensitivity is no longer related to the Pmmc version. You might want to open a ticket and contact our technical support at https://www.4dsystems.com.au/support.

I would like to ask how long you have been using that display module. As this display module (uLCD32-WPTU) is no longer available and we can no longer source displays.

You might want also to consider our most recent display modules. Just visit our page https://www.4dsystems.com.au/products.

Best Regards,
            Pearl
            Pearl

Comment

Hi,

I used this display for less than 10 hours total, but it has been bought a long time ago(5 years or so).

I also thought a library bug could cause this, but since I'm apparently the only one to experience this issue, it wouldn't make sense.

I might have to find a way to bypass this issue because I already spent quite a bit in my project so I can't afford buying a new screen only to get normal touch responses.

Thanks anyway!

Comment

Hi,

You can open a ticket and contact our technical support, for them to further assist you and give a direct support.
                Just visit this link https://www.4dsystems.com.au/support.

Thank you

BR,
                Pearl
                Pearl

Comment

Working...
                X