Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficulty connecting my COM port with Arduino connection

Hello

I am working on an Arduino shield into a 70-DT. I have a very simple test program that I am trying to see the result of an LED lighting up to a button press. However,

When I am programming directly with the programming cable, I am able to manipulate anything with GTX and see the send and receive. I am also able to activate the com port (COM5) associated with that cable.
    When I am using the Arduino to screen setup (remember, the 70-DT needs external power from the programming cable) I am not able to get the COM8 port (the one I use to upload arduino code) to connect through the arduino to the screen (I get the device is not responding error) and thus no control with GTX.

Before I get ahead of myself tearing my hair out over not getting any response to my screen touches I am trying to see if I am even getting a connection in the first place. Note, When I scan COM8 my device resets for a couple seconds but goes right back to the red circle.

I have attached an image of my setup. Both cables are coming from my USB ports on my laptop.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	coms.JPG Views:	1 Size:	9.2 KB ID:	64816
    coms.JPG
    Click image for larger version  Name:	baud.JPG Views:	1 Size:	27.1 KB ID:	64811
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20180803_112350.jpg Views:	2 Size:	1.93 MB ID:	64809

My baud rate I applied my Arduino with is also 9600.

Click image for larger version  Name:	setup.JPG Views:	1 Size:	29.2 KB ID:	64813

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: After reading, I see I did not ever activate something called SPE loader. Is that the issue?
    Last edited by redhawk43; 4th August 2018, 02:01 AM.

Hello,

Based on your discussion, you have successfully uploaded the widgets into the display and was able to test it with the GTX Tool. The reason why the Arduino board cannot be acknowledged in the Workshop4 is that you should be uploading your code using the Arduino IDE. The red dot (turns to blue if successful) is only for detecting the connected display.

Configuring the port in Arduino IDE can be made by opening the Arduino IDE > Tools > Port. You should also select the correct board in use which can also be changed under the Tools tab.

You may refer to the Application Note discussion in ViSi-Genie Connecting a 4D Display to an Arduino Host https://www.4dsystems.com.au/downloa...017_R_1_01.pdf

To answer your question, activating the SPE loader doesn’t cause the problem you’re experiencing since it is mainly used for the Serial environment and is not required for Visi-Genie project. Also, the default baud rate of the display is 9600 matching the baud rate you applied with the Arduino. Thus, uploading your program in an Arduino board using the Workshop4 is only possible using the Arduino Compatible environment. It is further explained in the Workshop4 IDE USER GUIDE https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/451/Work..._1-1149887.pdf

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Last edited by Danica; 4th August 2018, 04:01 PM.
    Danica

Comment

thanks man

Comment

No worries. Don’t hesitate to visit the forum if you encounter any issues again.
        Danica

Comment

Working...
        X