Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen4-uLCD-32DCT-CLB-AR - "Format" / Clear memory

Dear all,

I've just purchased my first 4D Systems display. I've developed a lot using Arduino in the past, and decided to look into displays too and the 4D Systems display is very nice.

However, I've stumbled on to a problem: The first thing I did was to select the wrong display in Workshop 4, I chose a display without "AR" in the end. This display had choices if I wanted to download to RAM or Flash, and in my attempts I tried both selections. This caused Workshop 4 to download code to "some" locations in the display. I don't know what happened. At this point, the display has its backlight lit, but the screen is black (no graphics). I've tried everything I can think of to "reset" the display to factory settings but without any luck. I've also tried to download a blank program with a static text using the Arduino template (with AR in the end of the display name), but without any luck. I'm not sure if my hasted actions has caused any problems for me, but I was hoping to kind of reset the display so that I can "start over".

So here's the question (sorry for the long explanation):
    Is there any way to "format" or clear the memory/memories in my display so that it defaults to "factory setup" (initial screen)? Serial commands? Transfer a code? Other ways?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

Hello,

Welcome to the forum,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. It is easily done and no harm in trying things out. You can put it back to the way it was initially by starting a new project and selecting your display and then Click on Basic Graphics. Once the IDE has opened click on the Tools Tab and you can then click on SPE Load. This will upload the Serial SPE environment back onto your display.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

That helped a lot! Thank you so much, puh - a bit relieved now! :-)

Thanks again and have a great weekend when the time comes, all the best!

Comment

Working...
      X