Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update from 4DCAPE-70T to GEN4-4DCAPE-70T

Hi,
    Just to be clear in my mind, and because my GEN4-4DCAPE-70T is not working, I have now a BBB (Rev-C) that works well with a SD-Card containing bone-debian-8.3-lxqt-4gb-armhf-2016-01-24 image and the old 4DCAPE-70T.
    I only change the display to the new GEN4-4DCAPE-70T and this display remains black.
    The power supply is 5V - 3A and the bridge is done with VDD_5V only.
    I tried also the new image bone-debian-9.4-lxqt-armhf-2018-06-17-4gb image but no way, no display...
    Does it mean that my new GEN4-4DCAPE-70T is already broken or I miss something else ?

Thanks for help.

Hi Chrigou,

In order to check if the BBB can detect the display CAPE attached to the BBB, please try to use Linux command "dmesg", where it should appear as 4D cape otherwise the CAPE is undetectable. If you’re not sure then you can just post the message here.

Also, have you checked if the backlight is on? You may try booting up the Beaglebone with the Cape connected through the DC Jack as well and see if the same result happens.

Best Regards,
    Eran

Comment

Hi Eran,

It seemed that something is missing:
      failed to load firmware 'BB-BONE-4D7R-01-00A1.dtbo'

There is no backlight and as you can see on the attached picture, the BBB is already connected to the DC Jack.

Here is the result of the dmesg:
      (see capture.txt)

What can I do?
      Thanks a lot for helping me. Best regards,

Christian

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Christian,

You may contact our Technical Support for them to further assess your issue and give a direct support.
        Please attach clear front and back images of the 4D CAPE.

Thanks and Best Regards,
        Eran

Comment

Hi Eran,

Finally, I got the display working!
          I had to use one of the last image (bone-debian-9.4-lxqt-armhf-2018-06-17-4gb) from the SD card and write it back to the eMMC.
          In my first post, I said that it was not working, but it was my mistake to forget to push (and stay 3 sec) on the "User boot" switch...
          Now everythings is fine :-)

Thanks again and best regards,
          Christian

Comment

Hi Christian,

Great! Congratulations on making it work. That's indeed a bit tricky at first.

You can always contact us if you're having difficulties with the 4D Cape.

Best Regards,
            Eran

Comment

Working...
            X