Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to activate arduino Digital outputs using winbuttons

Hi,

Kind of new, just realized I have been using the Screen to read analog inputs from different components but never used the screen to activate arduino outputs.
    I want to use Winbuttons, NO momentary function enable to activate an Arduino digital output to turn ON a LED while the winbutton stays latched ON and turn it off after pressing it again.
    to be honest I have no code for it yet, but if anyone has an example it will be appreciated.

Winbutton23 in the screenshot is already set to "Report Message" in events.

Attached Files

Hi Manlop0,

Welcome to the Forum!

For you to be able to make the Winbutton object send an on and off signal to the LED, it should be configured to transmit its status upon any change.
    Since you've already setup the Winbutton as a toggle button (Momentary: No) and set the OnChanged event to "Report Message, the only thing left for you to do is program the Arduino to handle the events thrown by the button. You can use this example below as a reference on how to be able to update the LED in accordance with the Winbutton.

Winbutton and led.zip

You can read more regarding the protocol in section “Genie Standard Protocol” in the Visi Genie Reference Manual.

You might also want to check this link below for further understanding about the commands and parameters used in the example.

https://github.com/4dsystems/ViSi-Ge...genieArduino.h

If you have further questions regarding this, do not hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Pearl
    Last edited by Pearl; 5th June 2018, 09:36 AM.
    Pearl

Comment

Thanks for the fast response, but unfortunately, I cant open the "Winbutton and led.zip" link, it says invalid page URL.

Comment

The same I see if I want to open your .zip

Comment

Hi Manlop0 and Mettler,

Apologies for the inconvenience. I reuploaded the file and it is now properly attached. Please check if the file is now accessible on your end. Thank you.

Best Regards,
          Pearl
          Pearl

Comment

Working...
          X