Subsequent calls to file_Mount() fails on gen4-uLCD-24DT Device

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subsequent calls to file_Mount() fails on gen4-uLCD-24DT Device

I'm having an issue where the call to file_Mount() from an Arduino device is failing on subsequent calls to it after reboots. Meaning, I can power up the lcd and the initial mount call succeeds. Although, if I do a reset on the lcd another mount call fails. If I power cycle the lcd the first mount call always works. This behavior is also happening using serial commander. I've also tried it with varying baudrates, e.g. 9600(9615), 115200(118243), 200000 with the same behavior. The following LCD info is as follows:

gen4-uLCD-24DT
    SPE2 rev. 1.2
    PmmC rev 2.0

Hello,

How exactly are you "resetting" the LCD?

I've tried connecting the display to an arduino via a 4D Arduino Adaptor Shield then powering the display separately by changing the setting of Jumper J2. I then tried unplugging/plugging the power supply of the display. This resulted to an unresponsive display, it just showed the splash screen.
    This is because the display and the host cotroller went out of sync after the reset, another evidence of this is that the Arduino's LED (pin 13) blinked fast meaning that the callback function has been executed. I achieved the same result when I tried to reset the display by tapping its reset pin to ground.

Please explain your situation further so I can replicate it more accurately and provide a better solution.

Best Regards,
    Michael
    Michael

Comment

Since serial commander causes the same issue, I'll stick with that example. I'm using the gen4-uLCD-24DT with it's USB programming adaptor. I connect the usb cable from the adaptor and let the LCD initialize to the splash screen. Using serial commander, if I send a file_Mount cmd it works. If I send a file_Unmount and then another file_mount, it will fail. If I send a "reset" cmd through serial commander and let the lcd initialize to the splash screen, I still can't send a successful file_Mount cmd, but I can send other cmds successfully, e.g. gfx_Cls(), etc. Now if I disconnect the USB cable and reconnect, basically power cycling the lcd, then I am able to send a fild_Mount cmd successfully. Although, all subsequent file_Mount cmds will fail until I power cycle the lcd again.

Comment

To update you, I have tried a few SD cards and have finally found one that works reliably. So, it appears to be a SD card compatibility issue. Is there a list of supported/tested SD cards? Also, are the industrial SD cards more reliable from a compatibility standpoint? Thanks

Comment

Hello geocentric,
          Good for you! Unfortunately we don’t have a list for you. Testing SD cards for their compatibility would be quite a time consuming task as there are a lot of brands out there and each of them have several variations on their products, Phison and Sandisk seems to be the most ideal brands though.
          Industrial SD cards have better resistance to wear and tear, for guaranteed reliability after multiple read/write cycles, I would recommend using Industrial grade SD cards.

These threads might help you find a good SD card:

Not all uSD Cards support SPI:
          https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum...ds-support-spi

The pictures getting blurry – 43DT on LCM:
          https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum...ry-43dt-on-lcm

How to generate audio:
          https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum...generate-audio

Best Regards,
          Michael
          Michael

Comment

Working...