X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thank you

Comment

Hello again,

I have done what you told me, put the .cgi and the .dat files in the SD card, when I compile and upload one by one with the workshop IDE it works, but I have multiples screen templates so I've put all files for each screen on the SD card, But when I compile one particular screen, it doesn't work. I rename all the .cgi and the .dat files, in the code also, because they had all the same name

Comment

Hi Paul,

I am trying to load a sketch for the first time on an GEN4-IOT-32T and I can't get it to load. It recognizes the board fine, compiles fine, but it times out before loading. I get this error

warning: espcomm_sync failed
        error: espcomm_open failed
        error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
        error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

I read online that you have to hold the reset button and the flash button at the same time and let go of the flash button once it starts to upload, but this hasn't worked for me. Is there a part of this process that I am missing? Do I have to ground the GPIO0 pin to enter the correct mode? Also is the led supposed to light up when it is connected to the USB port because nothing is indicating that it is powered up.

Thanks for your help,

Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

On the IoD, you don't need to operate the reset and flash buttons, this is done automatically. The LED will only light when the serial is active, I would have expected you to have seen it flash a few times before you get the error message. Does the display show anything when powered up.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,
            Ok, but I’ve tried to upload without pushing any buttons and it still times out. There is nothing on the display, and nothing when I first power it up. It is not recognized by the workshop, but I read where it may not show in the display type. Is that right? The port shows up in the windows device manager without an error, what do you think it could be ?
            thanks,
            mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

Yes that is correct it will not show up in the comms section. If your Iod isn't showing any signs of life on the display and no backlight has come on then I would say there is a power / connection issue between the programmer to IoD. Could you let me know what type of IoD you have, ist it an IoD-09 or a gen4-IoD

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Ok, I have the Gen4-IOD-32T. Thanks for your help.
                Mark

Comment

Hi Mark,

Do you notice a backlight come on at all. If there is no backlight then there is a power issue to the IoD or the FFC cable maybe.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

OK, that was it, I didn't have the cable connected correctly to the display. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                    X