• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantastic thamks Eran

Comment

Originally posted by Eran View Post
      Hi Tim,

Congratulations on building your project.

Workshop4 IDE folder has actually a program called LoadProgram.exe that lets you upload code without opening Workshop4 itself. The program is a straightforward program and is easy to use. You can find this in C:\Program Files (x86)\4D Labs\4D Workshop 4 IDE\DEP folder. The gci files and dat files should be manually copied to the SDCard and your project is ready.

[ATTACH]n64824[/ATTACH]

Also, Workshop4 offers a 7-day free trial of its Pro version. Just go to Files > Options > License and Click Start Pro Trial.

There is another option as well that lets you transfer files using Serial Cable Utility and is posted here: https://forum.4dsystems.com.au/forum...lity#post62492

Hope this helps and all the best for your project.
      Hi Eran,

my development partner has hit a bit of a snag using the program loader. Code that works on my system is not working correctly on his (loaded via the programme loader)

One thing we are not sure of, my software requires the maximum string length to be increased from the default value of 75 in the genie options. When I compile the code does this setting get 'compiled' such that his screen will also have this increased setting when the code is loaded using the programme loader?

Thanks

Tim

Comment

Hi Tim,

Upon compilation of your program, the String length is compiled with the value that you set the genie with. This should also be reflected on other displays (same type) when your 4XE file is loaded to theirs.

Can you elaborate the “snag” so we can help you more?

Best Regards,
        Eran

Comment

Thanks Eran,

Our snag is that communication messages between the Arduino and the display is not working as we expected on my partners system. It works fine on my test rig (thanks to you ) but not when the same Arduino sketch and set of 4d files are transferred to my partners system which in theory is identical. We are going to do a little bit of debugging to make sure its not something stupid.

Just wanted to check that the string buffer thing wasn't the problem which it sounds like it isn't. For total clarity, when you say '
          should also be reflected on other displays (same type)' you mean the setting comes from the 4XE file I created and does not need setting 'manually' in my partners IDE?

Another stupid question, my friend only recently bought his screen and mine is around a year old. I have the gen4-uLCD-43DT there isn't a 'new version is there that could make them 'not the same type'?

Tim

Comment

Hi Tim,

“For total clarity, when you say ' should also be reflected on other displays (same type)' you mean the setting comes from the 4XE file I created and does not need setting 'manually' in my partners IDE?”
            Yes. When your program is compiled into a 4XE file, all settings that you set manually are compiled as well.

“I have the gen4-uLCD-43DT there isn't a 'new version is there that could make them 'not the same type'?”
            What I meant about "the same type" is the Display Model/Unit (Same size and either Capacitive/Resistive/Non-touch). The revision number doesn’t have anything to do with it so it’s not an issue regarding with the Program Loader tool, but just in case you’re wondering, the revision number can be found on the back of the display.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	revisionNumber.png
Views:	1
Size:	560.8 KB
ID:	65239 ​​​​​​​

Best Regards,
            Eran

Comment

Thanks Eran, we will keep on debugging

What's weird is that my Arduino sketch and 4GL code is working on my system, and the comms from the screen to the Arduino work on his system (ie his magic handler is receiving the message from the screen correctly), but the message he sends to the screen in response appears not to be being picked up (a write magic bytes message) I believe the comms to the screen is working because he can perform basic event stuff like change forms etc.

Comment

Hi Tim,

That’s strange. Have you tried recompiling the genie program with higher string value?
                I’ll do some tests on my end as well with the Magic Bytes and see what I can help.

If you need more clarifications, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
                Eran

Comment

Originally posted by Eran View Post
                  Hi Tim,

That’s strange. Have you tried recompiling the genie program with higher string value?
                  I’ll do some tests on my end as well with the Magic Bytes and see what I can help.

If you need more clarifications, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,
                  Yeah I did try recompiling at 200bytes for the buffer just to be sure (our message is around 100 bytes)

Comment

Hi Tim,

I have done some tests with Strings using Program Loader and didn’t find any issue so far. I will dig deeper and see what might have caused the issues with your partner's system.

Thanks for your patience.

Best Regards,
                    Eran

Comment

No worries Eran, thanks for the feedback! We are also experimenting to try and find any issues. I'll keep you posted

Comment

Hi Tim,

I have conducted a few more tests and didn’t encounter the same issue as your partner had. For testing, I made a Genie Project with Maximum String Length of 100. Can you try running the code using Program Loader on your end and on your partner’s?

If this runs without error on his then the String Length isn’t the issue that he’s having.

NOTE: You may need to recompile this and change into your display type.

Best Regards,
                        Attached Files
                        Eran

Comment

Eran, we fixed it today. So sorry to have wasted your time. Turned out to be an error in his code which is doubly irritating since he told me he had the problem having loaded my sketch which clearly he hadn't done!. So sorry for the wild goose chase but thank you again for the amazing support.

Comment

Hi Tim,

No Worries. It's our pleasure to help our customers in need.
                            Congratulations on building such a great project!

All the best,
                            Eran

Comment

Working...
                            X