Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Workshop 4 is extremely slow during start

Hi,

I have been using Workshop 4 for a long time now. I have noticed that the start-up time for Workshop 4 is prohibitively long, sometimes in the range of 4-5 minutes. I use this on a Windows7 system, with a 2Ghz Corei5 processor. My Project is 4DViSi project.

The other big issue is the Huge Flash image that pops up each time Workshop 4 starts. There should be a way to disable Flash image pop-up for the user. Specifically, when the "Destination" is chosen as "Flash" in the Project settings, a dialog box appears just before the Workshop 4 actually becomes active. This dialog box says that, since Destination is Flash, Flash write cycles shall be affected, and then expects the user to press "Ok", before Workshop4 is usable. The Huge flash image though, covers this dialog box, leaving only a small portion of the "Ok" button usable.
    The whole experience is extremely annoying to the average user, who may have to start and restart Workshop 4 more than once during the workday.

Please see images attached that showcase this situation.

Please suggest what can be done about this? Can you send me another version of the Workshop4, where I can disable this Flash Image and it has a shorter Startup time ?
    Attached Files

Hi Vishal,

May I know the current version of your Workshop4? As you may read in the Workshop4 Release Notes, there is a fix for 4.4.0.10 for Slow startup of Workshop4 if certain platform lists selected. Can you update your Workshop and see if the error is still present?

Hope this helps and Best Regards,
    Eran

Comment

Hello Eran,

Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded the latest version 4.5.0.17b

The startup has not improved much. It is still in the range of 3-4 minutes. The biggest annoying factor is that the Flash image is put right on the topmost layer of Windows. So no other work can be done by the user until Workshop4 becomes usable. Only Windows Task Manager can be put on top of the Flash image, rest everything is covered almost completely by the Flash image. I am not worried about the slow startup, as much about the Flash image blocking access to other programs (such as the web browser through which we access emails etc) for the user. Please do something about it. Please find images attached showcasing the above situation.

Best Regards,
      Vishal Sapre
      Attached Files

Comment

The flash is displayed in the 'traditional' way. This means it has 'stay on top' set. I see that a lot of apps don't do that anymore, so we will investigate changing that.

But we also need to understand your 3-4min startup, on my early model i7 it takes 3.0 seconds to start up. On an even more ancient i3 it takes 3.7 secs.

So your startup time just doesn't make sense.

Can you add a few more screengrabs from Task manager, eg, the 'Processes' and 'Performance' tabs, a couple of typical ones from each, if you can?

What happens if you temporarily disable your AntiVirus product before starting Workshop?
        Mark

Comment

Working...
        X