gfx_Scope() function description of widget Scope

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gfx_Scope() function description of widget Scope

Hello, where is possible to find the functions description for widgets, like Scope, etc?

For example, I am building a Scope graphic, and gfx_Scope() function has a lot of parameters, and I would like to read something about them, before modify examples like "Scope".

Thanks in advance,
    Valentin
    Last edited by Valen; 24th May 2018, 04:13 AM.

Hi,

You may find this appnote useful but it is for the Visi-Genie environment and not Visi

https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00028/

You will also find a Scope example in File, Samples and then Diablo Designer.

I hope this helps

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hello Paul,

I am very surprised:

I want to receive data through UART every 500 mSg, and use Scope widget to draw a graphic with these values.

As a first test, in main() function and before repeat loop, I only call once to:

var old_y1 := 0;
      var Speed := 55;

gfx_Scope(33, 176, 227, 176, 0, 100, BLACK, old_y1, Speed, LIME, 0,0,0, 0,0,0, 0,0,0 ) ;

and, suddenly, Scope widget started to draw a strange graphic with many, many lines, and finally application crashed and my screen switched off.... Instead of drawing a simple line.....

In attached picture, it is possible to check my Scope configuration. What it is wrong....???

By the way, what is the "BLACK" parameter (7th position in gfx_Scope)?

(I also tested a similar project with Genie. I sent commands to Scope, and everything was right.
      But Genie is not suitable for my project, because I have many Static text in the upper side of screen, and I have to show the right text when I receive the status of my external device (I use gfx_RectangleFilled(Black) and img_show(). And Genie envirorment does no permit to hide Static texts by using external commands).

Thanks in advance,
      Valentin Ramirez

Click image for larger version  Name:	Captura.PNG Views:	1 Size:	50.6 KB ID:	63691
      Last edited by Valen; 25th May 2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Hi Valentin,

I tried the line of code you showed me and it worked without crashing with a peak close to the centre. I am not really sure why it caused your display to crash

The BLACK Parameter is just the Background colour of the scope, changing this will change the colour of the rectangle that the scope is drawn on.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hello Paul,

I am tested Scope example, included in 4DSystems envirorment, with my uLCD 24PTU and my uLCD 28PTU.

a) I have removed all source code inside of repeat loop.
          b) I only called gfx_Scope() once.

The result was identical: Many lines with only one calling to gfx_Scope() .
          I think something is wrong in this function, for these display models.

My currents ulCD-24PTU and ulCD-28PTU PmmC are version "44", so PmmC are up to date.

I do not what more can I test....

:-(

Could you send me an simple tested example?

thanks in advance,
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Valen; 26th May 2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Hi Valentin,

Would you like to zip your example project and send it to me. It will be easier to find the problem in the full code.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,
              I have attached my example code.
              Thanks in advance,
              Valentin
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Valen; 28th May 2018, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Hi Valentin,

Sorry for the late response. I have had difficulty in opening your project. Could you please try to zip it again using the Zip Project function, by clicking on File and then Zip Project and send that zip to me.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul, I have just did it with functions included in Windows 10 operating system. I hope it is ok. I made last zip with winrar application.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Paul, coud you check this code?
                    Thanks,
                    Valentin

Comment

Hi Valentin,

Can you try to use the Zip Project function in Workshop 4. You will find it by clicking on File, then Zip Project which you will find in the menu of buttons that appear on the left. The zip file will then be in the folder of your project and then send that to us.

Your project keeps crashing when I open it but it is due to the way it is zipped. Using the Workshop Zip Project ensures all the necessary files are collected in the zip.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Ok, I have attached it
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Valentin,

I will check this now.

Best regards

Paul

Comment

Hi Paul, coud you check this code?
                            Thanks,
                            Valentin

Comment

Hi Valen,

The last zip you sent didn't work but it's ok I have managed to open individual files enough to look at and send you back a working example shortly. Not really sure why zip project didn't work for you unless there are some files still missing.

best regards

Paul

Comment

Working...
                              X