Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom digits overllap

Hi,
    I'm having troubles using custom digits. I'd like to create a custom digits display, 30 pixels high. I created a .bmp file with the same spacing for each number (enclosed to that post). When I display it on the screen, numbers overllap all the time (expected when I display 0). Which spacing should I use ?
    I'm using a SK-GEN4-50DT screen.

Thank you,

Alex
    Attached Files

Hi Alex,

Overlapping occurs due to unequally spaced digits. Since, Workshop4 automatically divides the uploaded bitmap file, it is necessary to ensure the spacing of the digits. To avoid overlapping of digits, I suggest that you create your .bmp file using an image manipulation software, like Adobe Photoshop or Gimp, to obtain an image with equally spaced numbers/digits. I’ve tried using the image file you sent and overlapping occurs. On the contrary, when the image file created with Adobe Photoshop was used and equal spacing is observed, custom digits worked out fine.

Also, enabling ‘Enhancements’ that can be seen on the Project tab may also cause the overlapping behavior of the digits as you would need to put additional characters to the bitmap – a blank and a minus sign. You may check its further discussion in the Visi–Genie Reference Manual, specifically the section Custom Digits.

You might also want to check the imgdata folder of the project below for examples of custom digit bitmap files.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	2
Size:	394.1 KB
ID:	64019 ​​​​​

Hope this helps.
    Danica

Comment

Hi Danica,

Thanks for your reply, the unequal spacing was the problem. I solved my problem using a grid in illustrator that divides my image into 10 parts.

Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

Glad to help. Feel free to visit the forum again.
        Danica

Comment

Working...
        X