Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparent auto-repeat on winbuttons on uLCD-70DT

Hello everyone!

Apparently I have a problem with a uLCD-70DT display that I use in VisiGenie.

If I hold down any of the Winbuttons on the screen, the display keeps sending event messages on the serial!

At the moment I have 12 identical displays on which I have uploaded version 2.0 of the PMC and on which my Visi-Genie project runs on the uSD card.
    Only one of the displays has this problem, while the other 11 behave normally sending the Report Message only when the button is released.

I also tried to reprogram the display and replace the uSD card with a new one, but the behavior remains.
    Also, does this not seem to happen for winbuttons that directly open other project templates without sending the Report Message.

Is it a defect of the LCD? Did it happen to someone else besides me?

Thank you all!
    Osvaldo

Hi Osvaldo,

Can you please try calibrating the touch screen?
    You can do this by clicking Touch Calibration under Tools menu.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2018-06-15_09-36-01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	22.3 KB ID:	64038
    Then you can use this example to perform touch test on the display.

TOUCHTESTDRAW.zip

You can find this example by clicking <File - Samples - Picaso Designer - Picaso(Touch screen) - TouchTestDraw>

It would be helpful if you can send videos of testing the display's touch.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Pearl
    Last edited by Pearl; 18th June 2018, 12:42 PM.
    Pearl

Comment

Hi Pearl,

I tried to recalibrate the touch, but the inconvenience remains ...

I made two videos available at the following links.
      In one you see the defect (using the GTK tool): if you hold down the winbutton, the LCD keeps sending Report messages. Normally the message is sent only when the winbutton is released ...

I also put the video of the calibration, where you see, in the calibration test phase, how the touch contact is not stable despite the use of a nib and I exert a certain constant pressure.

Osvaldo

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fma1pt866g...14243.mp4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgdvlns919...13854.mp4?dl=0

Comment

Hi again,

I’ve already checked the videos you have sent. It seems that the display's touch is defective. Please open a support ticket here: https://www.4dsystems.com.au/support

It would be ideal to attach the following to the support ticket:
        1. Link to this forum thread
        2. Clear images of the front (showing the touch test output) and back (showing the PCB components) of the display module
        3. Clear image of the flex cable

From there, our team will conduct an Initial Fault Assessment for this unit.

Best Regards,

Pearl
        Pearl

Comment

Hi Pearl,

first of all thanks for the help and for information on the support procedure.

I just wanted to ask you one last thing ... your opinion ... since I write from Italy,
          it is better to activate the support procedure directly at 4DSystem or through the retailer
          from here we purchased the displays (RS-Components)?

Thanks again for everything!

Best regards,

Osvaldo

Comment

Hi Osvaldo,

It is better to open a support ticket with us through the link I sent since the unit will still need to undergo Initial Fault Assessment.
            Our team will give you further instructions regarding the necessary procedure through the support ticket.

Best Regards,
            Pearl

Pearl

Comment

Ok, Pearl!
              Thank you!

Regards

Osvaldo

Comment

No worries, Osvaldo.

Best Regards,
                Pearl