Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Button & LEDDigit Objects No Longer Work After Appearance Change

Hello Everyone,

I've been working on a project using the Gen4-uLCD-70DCT-CLB display with an arduino + arduino adapter shield using Visi-Genie.

In this project I'm using Winbuttons to set a timer and motor speed, and using LEDDigits as a countdown timer.

I modified the bevel color, font, font color, background color, height, and width on all the buttons, and changed the color, background color, height, and width of the LEDDigits, and now my buttons no longer respond, and my LEDDigits won't update at all.

I've attached two different project folders, one of the working project with no appearance changes, and one with all the appearance changes made that doesn't work. I also included the arduino code I'm running on both of them, it works on my "Working Project" but not the "Not Working Project" display. If you compare between the two projects, the only differences are the changes I listed above. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out why it isn't working, I'm hoping you guys have some ideas.

Thank you for taking the time, I appreciate it.

- Evan

Attached Files

Hi Evan,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried using the Genie Test Tool (GTX)? You can use this to check if each of the widget objects is responding/working. To launch the Genie Test Tool, kindly select the Tools menu then click the GTX button. You might want to check this application note:
    https://www.4dsystems.com.au/appnote/4D-AN-00002/
    for further information.

I checked both of your Visi Genie zip file projects and it seems that both are working fine.

The reason why the widget objects appear to be not responding is that: • First, you have set the same color in the on or off state of the buttons. • Second, the Led digits are also set in the same color palette of high or low state.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Pearl
    Pearl

Comment

Hi Pearl!

Like you said, it was just the color palette of the LED Digits that was throwing me off, everything was actually working fine.

Thank you very much for your reply! You guys are great with providing help and resources on your website to aid everyone in using your products, it is much appreciated!

Have a great day!
      Evan

Comment

Glad to help Evan.

Best Regards,

Pearl
        Pearl

Comment

Working...
        X