Displaying temp using visi genie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying temp using visi genie

Good afternoon, I am stumped and could use some help. I’ve never seen this happen, but I am writing the temp to a Customdigit as calculated by a one wire sensor connected to an Arduino Mega. I am using the ds18b20. My code is very simple based on your example in the app notes. The problem is that it when I first start up the display and the arduino it doesn’t always start on its own. It sometimes needs to be unplugged and restarted. It will then display the temp but every second or so, the digit blinks and it shows 32 degrees, like it’s not connected, then it goes back to the temp again. I’m using the one wire Dallas library on the arduino. I have tried changing where I place in the loop the request to read the sensor, but that doesn’t help. What’s crazy is that if I disconnect the sensor from the arduino pin, the number still jumps from 0 to 32 degrees. I have changed the probe and the pin, without any change. Do you have any ideas, thanks for your help.
    Regards,

Mark
    Last edited by markl; 29th September 2018, 04:24 AM.

Hi markl,

Have you tried to print the values of the sensor reading on your arduino terminal?
    If you pass a floating value on the CustomDigit, it may cause an error.
    The frames on the CustomDigit must be an integer.

If you'd like you can send a zip file of your project so we can further
    analyze the problem.

Best Regards,
    Kevin

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me, I discovered what happened. I was trying to power the display with my USB port along with 2 Arduinos. I think it was too much of a drain. It's working now.

Comment

• John Kevin
        John Kevin commented
        Editing a comment
        I am glad that you have resolved your problem.
    Working...
    X