Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find older revisions of Diablo16 PmmC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find older revisions of Diablo16 PmmC?

I've been looking around and can not seem to find them. My project went sour after I upgraded my diablo 16 to a new pmmc. I have one with older pmmc and it works, so I would like to rollback to an earlier version for the other display too.

thanks!
    _Pekka

We don't generally make older versions available as the newer versions fix previously known issues.

What PmmC and driver did you have and what PmmC and driver do you have now.

What is the issue you are having?
    Mark

Comment

Hi Mark!

I went from fresh out of the package to rev17 for 43DT. I do not know what the version was prior to the automatic update which I apllied when asked to.

My just got slow in chomping through the code. I managed to isolate the problem in a function that writes to the objects but couldn't figure out what it was. I commented away the genie.WriteObjects and the program started to run at the given 100ms a cycle speed that I've set it to. When I reapply the function that has the genie.WriteObject thingamajigs it slows to about 10 seconds per cycle.

Code in the function:

The i's in the for loops are known and never exceed the amount of objects in the display.

void ParsePlcData()
      {
      for(int i = 0; i < plcData.parameters; i += 1)
      {
      genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_LED_DIGITS, i, plcData.paramReturnValue[i]);
      }
      for(int i = 0; i < plcData.leds; i += 1)
      {
      genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_USER_LED, i, plcData.buttonRespond[i]);
      }
      for(int i = 0; i < plcData.meters; i += 1)
      {
      genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_METER, i, plcData.paramReturnValue[plcData.meterRespond[i]]);
      }
      for(int i = 0; i < plcData.scopes; i += 1)
      {
      genie.WriteObject(GENIE_OBJ_SCOPE, i, plcData.paramReturnValue[plcData.scopeRespond[i]]);
      }
      }

Comment

I can't imagine how that could have anything to do with the PmmC or Driver.

What baud rate are you using?

Are there any events coming back from the display during all of this?

What version of the Genie Arduino library are you using?
        Mark

Comment

There was some funky object id's in the gtx tool when I was debugging the problem. For example the userbutton object returned with {07, 41, xx...} After I made a new program with visigenie the object id of userbuttons turned normal but the problem still persisted. You could send me 1.6rev into my email and I could test it out? I still have a display which doesn't work with the current setup.

I've the newest version of the geniearduino lib.

baud is 200k

I have to admit that I found this problem really weird but if it works with older version and not with the newer one I can't think of anything else that's causing it.

Comment

I'd sure like to get v263 of the Diablo16 PmmC, for validation testing on updates.
            For example, I currently have a display with v263, and I want to test updating it to the latest (v512, aka R20), but once I update it I can no longer test the update procedure.
            (Our update procedure relies upon querying the display for its PmmC version, then acting on that version#)
            So, having a downrev PmmC (which we'll never use or distribute) would be very useful.

Alternately, it'd be nice if I could read the PmmC out of the display & save it to a file on the PC.

Comment

Working...
            X