Micro VGA resolution resize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro VGA resolution resize

I am looking at using a 7" widescreen monitor for a project of mine. It looks as if I can resize the drawing area using just the code. But I am worried that I will need to use max resolution then resize it quite a bit in order for it to fit. The suggested lowest resolution is 720x400.

My questions are

If i had to use the 640x480 and resize it, can I center the drawing area?

Can I change the drawing from 640x480 to 720 400?

Can I change the drawing from 800x600 to 720x400? (probably the quickest)

Can a custom resultion be made like 800x480 or 720x400?

how will these changes effect my page quantity?

I would like to keep as many pages as possible, and would like to know if there is a possible solution.

Thanks

Serial Syntax : cmd, mode, parameter
    cmd : 59hex, Yascii
    mode : 03hex : Change Resolution.

parameter = 00hex : QVGA (320x240) mode, power-up/reset default.

parameter = 01
    hex : VGA (640x480) mode.

parameter
    = 02
    hex : SVGA (800x600) mode (not implemented yet).
    This command allows the resolution to be changed on the fly. The Power-Up default is mode = 0 (QVGA). When it is desired to change the resolution and this command is executed, it must be followed by the Auto Baud
    (‘U
    ’) command. A resolution change changes the internal clock of the ?VCalibri","sans-serif"; color: rgb(0, 129, 0);">GA which also affects the Baud Rate of the Serial Port hence the reason for resending the Auto Baud command.

NOTE:
    Usable pixels are; QVGA: 310x210, VGA: 620x420 and SVGA: 800x560. These resolutions are chosen to maximise the number of display pages from the video RAM.

r-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} Since SVGA is not implemented yet, you cannot go higher than VGA resolution. You can only shuffle between supported standard resolutions. i.e. no customized resolutions can be set.

Comment

Good, thanks.

When will the SVGA be implemented?

It also sounds like there is no real way to change the 0,0 Location to center the drawing area?

Thanks again.

Comment

Add my vote for implementation of 800x600 resolution ASAP!

Comment

Working...
        X