Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long will be the OLEDs available?

Hi @ All

Yesterday I got a facsimile from Glynn (Distributor) that Chi Mei Corp.(producer of the OLED display used in the 4dsystems display modules) will discontinue the production of 2.4" and 2.8" OLEDs because of the low demand.

Now I want to know how long 4dsystems display modules with that displays will be available and if it makes sense to use them in newer projects?

Are you referring to the Densitron displays? Perhaps someone from 4D can shed some light on this - it's slightly worrying.

Comment

I odered my 4dsystems Module from Glyn in Gemany. At this time was no online shop avaliable at 4dsystems webpage. The module was delivered as 2 parts, the 4dsystems picaso controllerboard and the OLED display from Chi Mei El Corp which has to be connected by myself.
      http://www.glyn.com/content_xl.asp?wdid=1417&sid=000000267A5951505C5D426257504F5D47
      At Glyn's homepage you can read "Last time bye 30.06.2010 last delivery 12/2011"

The discontinued OLEDs are the C0283QGLC-T and the C0283QGLD-T and the C0283QGLW-T

I also looked at their homepage and the latest update was in 2007. http://www.cmel.com.tw/CMELWEB_EN/001.asp
      Do they already exist?

Comment

This is of some concern to me also as I have almost finished development of a new product which uses the 2.8" display! If these are not going to be available for much longer then I think I had better stock up or re-design...

Any light to shed on the subject 4DG mods?

Comment

There was a recent announcement made by the AMOLED manufacturer to discontinue the 2.8". At the same time they also announced there will be a replacement 2.8" using a different driver IC. Now there are rumours there may not be a replacement. Until we get definite answers we're in limbo. However we're stocking up and this should see us thru for at least 6 to 8 months based on current sales. Official last time orders from the factory is May 2010.
          We're also in the process of evaluating another 2.8" from a different manufacturer so we can maintain the supply of the uOLED-32028-P1 modules.
          Atilla

Comment

Hi

What is status on the discontinue of the 2.83" OLED.
            Have you found a substitute ?

I am in a dilemma, because my new product use the 2.83 OLED.
            I need to know if there coma a replacement.

- Soren

Comment

Yesterday I got a Fax from Glynn that only the 2.4", 3.2" and 4.0" displays of CMEI will be continued. I hope that the 2 larer displays will also be available as 4D Module with Picaso.

Comment

Hi
                A status on what 4D will do in the future will be great.I have just received an email from my supplier that the OLED controller from Samsung, S6E63D6, no longer will be produced, it is used in both the 2.4" and 2.8" OLED displays. What plans do 4D have for the future with the modules using these display ?
                - Soren

Comment

We have recently received an official announcement that CMEL will also discontinue the 2.0", 2.4", 3.4" and the 4.3" range of AMOLEDs. Last time order is 30th September, 2010. The 2.8" End Of Life was announced some time ago.
                  We've been looking at some alternative AMOLEDs from LG, they have a range of 2.2", 2.4" and 3.0", however they are very expensive and the MOQs are very high. Our most popular AMOLED size is the 2.8" which LG does not have. Earlier this year we were having a look at a 2.8" from another manufacturer but the same story, extremely high MOQ and way too costly and they're more interested in servicing the consumer market.
                  There are still plenty of CMEL panels in the market place so our position at the moment is to keep manufacturing the 2.4" and the 2.8" uOLED modules for the next 4-5 months. For those who have been waiting we have the next batch arriving from production in the next 2-3 weeks.
                  For those of you that have developed products with the CMEL AMOLEDs, it might be wise to order what you need now, while supply is available, to last you for the life of your product.
                  We have also developed (soon to be released) LCD-TFT replacement modules for both the 2.4" and the 2.8". These will be offered less than half the current cost of the AMOLED based modules.
                  Atilla

Comment

Hi
                    Thank you for your answer. Do you have some preliminary spec's for the 2.4" and 2.8" LCD-TFT replacements ?
                    - Soren

Comment

Hi again
                      I ask again ;-) Do you have some preliminary spec's for the 2.4" and 2.8" LCD-TFT replacements ?
                      - Soren

Comment

Hi again
                        I ask again - again ;-) Do you have some preliminary spec's for the 2.4" and 2.8" LCD-TFT replacements ?
                        - Soren

Comment

Yes, the modules and full specs will be available sometime next week.
                          Atilla

Comment

next week, is now 3 weeks ago ;-)

Comment

The (SGC) modules are available:2.4" : uLCD-24PT(SGC)2.8" : uLCD-28PT(SGC)
                              The (GFX) versions should be available next week.
                              Atilla

Comment

Working...
                              X