storage and data retrieval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• storage and data retrieval

I want to know whether, this camera module has self-storage, how the pictures taken are viewed

Hi,
    The camera creates an image in the buffer. Now, if you send the snapshot command, camera builds the image in the buffer but doesn't send it. You can send Get Picture command (with snapshot picture option set) to get that picture from the buffer. The snapshot remains in the buffer until you take a new snapshot or new JPEG/Raw picture though Get Picture command. The picture also remains in the memory buffer as long as you have power connected to it.
    Once you have got the data you can view the image, which depends on your platform.
    -Bilal

Comment

ok thank you. I understand now.

Comment

Hi,
        I would like to know the form of the data's package. I mean, how I can get the picture? in what platform?
        Thanks.

Comment

Have a look at the datasheet on the bottom left of the page. Hopefully it explains everything.

http://www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=75
          Mark

Comment

I have the software test but this isn't what I need. I get the data's packet in hexadecimal and I need to view the image in a pc. how I can do it?Thanks

Comment

If you are using JPEG mode it is best to store the entire image and then use the PC to open it as a jpeg.

If you are using raw, then teh data comes top left to bottom right according to the mode you have selected.

2-bit Gray Scale (RAW, 2-bit for Y only) (i.e. each byte is 4 pixels)
              4-bit Gray Scale (RAW, 4-bit for Y only) (i.e. each byte is 2 pixels)
              8-bit Gray Scale (RAW, 8-bit for Y only) (i.e. each byte is 1 pixel)
              8-bit Colour (RAW, 332(RGB)) (i.e. each byte is 1 pixel)
              12-bit Colour (RAW, 444(RGB)) (i.e. each 1.5 bytes is 1 pixel)
              16-bit Colour (RAW, 565(RGB)) (i.e. each 2 bytes is 1 pixel)

For the B&W modes you need to change them to a greyscale and for the color modes you (probably) need to convert them to 24bit color
              Mark

Comment

Ok, I'm using JPEG mode. I put all the data's packet in a worpad but now I donĀ“t know how can view the picture. I've proved with an hexadecimal editor but nothing, I can't view the image. Thanks.

Comment

Please describe step by step what you are doing.

If you have written a program that saves the jpeg data to a file then give the file a jpeg extension and then open it in paint. But somehow I don't think that's what you are doing so please explain ingreter depth
                  Mark

Comment

what I want to know is how I can see the photo jpeg after receiving the data's packet. I've proved to copy the bytes in a notepad and give a jpeg extension but doesn't work.I've written a program that send the data's packet to a node coordinator. That node must pick up the packet and see the picture. Thanks

Comment

Please describe step by step what you are doing.

If you have written a program that saves the jpeg data to a file then give the file a jpeg extension and then open it in paint. But somehow I don't think that's what you are doing so please explain ingreter depth

I'm really confused about what you are putting into notepad.

If you put the results from the fat FAT Controller log into notepad you will get nowhere.

If you, somehow, manage to paste actuall jpeg data into notepad, you will still get nowhere. Notepad is expecting text, it will 'corrupt' the raw jpeg data. Not to mention when it sees 'Eof' it will stop saving data.
                      Mark

Comment

I've written a program in C. the camera is connected to a node end-deviced. when this node receive each data's packet, then, send it to a coordinator node. the coordinator receive packets of 84 bytes. it stores the data in a buffer. After, I remove the headers and tails of each packet. How can I see the picture?what I'm doing with the notepad was for prove it.

Comment

Once you have removed the headers and tails of each packet and assembled it together as one file, all you have to do is save it with a jpeg extension (or jpg) and then, assuming windows, open it in paint, or similar and you will see the image.
                          Mark

Comment

I need help.

I am trying to read JPEG packets and write them to a file. Some where along the way bytes of information are skipped. I have tried at various baud rates. At 115200 I miss the whole beginning of the data, which I interpret as the rate being to quick for my program to receive it. When I lower the baud rate I miss information in the middle of the packet.

Can someone give me some help on how I can access the entire packet of information without losing anything???

Thanksss

Comment

On a Windows platform in a compiled language, a properly written program should have no trouble reading at 1.2mbaud.

Please share with us a little bit of information about your platform and how you are reading the data.
                              Mark

Comment

Working...
                              X